Totally new here...I need help with Visa and more

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
samsonthai
Tourist
Thailand

Totally new here...I need help with Visa and more

Post by samsonthai »

I really not know where to put my question
I am in Thailand right now and i need to go to Pnompenh for a new NON-O single marry visa for THAILAND
Who can help me?

1.Can i go Cambodia right now.I assume yes by air
2.i need a visa to enter + PCR test +......more????
3.Must i go in person to the Thai embassy in Pnompenh or can i apply through E-visa
4.Must i make a appointment + which documents for SINGLE NON-O MARRY VISA for Thailand
5.How i do this

Please i need assistents
Thank you
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Totally new here...I need help with Visa and more

Post by Ozinasia »

I would contact Kim https://www.facebook.com/kim.chorn.9 she will be able to assist as many on this board can attest to.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

samsonthai wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:04 pm I really not know where to put my question
I am in Thailand right now and i need to go to Pnompenh for a new NON-O single marry visa for THAILAND
Who can help me?

1.Can i go Cambodia right now.I assume yes by air
3.Must i go in person to the Thai embassy in Pnompenh or can i apply through E-visa
4.Must i make a appointment + which documents for SINGLE NON-O MARRY VISA for Thailand
5.How i do this

Please i need assistents
Thank you
why?
what visa are u currently on?

Immigration in Thailand can convert a visa exempt or tourists visa to a non o visa easily>
good friend just did it last week>
once u have ur Non o, u put ur $$ in the bank or arrange ur bank statements to get ur 1 year extension>
all without leaving Thailand.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

samsonthai wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:04 pm 1.Can i go Cambodia right now.I assume yes by air
Yes, you can fly into Cambodia, land borders remain closed to entry of foreigners.

You will need
- Valid passport with a minimum 6 month validity and 2 blank visa pages
- Valid Visa, you can apply for the Tourist Visa online at www.evisa.gov.kh (print out 2 copies)
- Pre-flight PCR test no more than 72hrs prior to arrival (original hard copy - not digital)
- Official Vaccination Card/Certificate (make a photocopy)

If you are not fully vaccinated/unvaccinated, then you are required to undergo 14 days mandatory quarantine in an MoH approved hotel. You can pre-book an ASQ hotel, or pay a $2000 deposit on arrival if you don't pre-book an ASQ hotel.

You will undergo a Rapid Antigen Test on arrival, if negative, then free to go.
Sirhaden1
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Sirhaden1 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:29 pm
samsonthai wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:04 pm 1.Can i go Cambodia right now.I assume yes by air
Yes, you can fly into Cambodia, land borders remain closed to entry of foreigners.

You will need
- Valid passport with a minimum 6 month validity and 2 blank visa pages
- Valid Visa, you can apply for the Tourist Visa online at www.evisa.gov.kh (print out 2 copies)
- Pre-flight PCR test no more than 72hrs prior to arrival (original hard copy - not digital)
- Official Vaccination Card/Certificate (make a photocopy)

If you are not fully vaccinated/unvaccinated, then you are required to undergo 14 days mandatory quarantine in an MoH approved hotel. You can pre-book an ASQ hotel, or pay a $2000 deposit on arrival if you don't pre-book an ASQ hotel.

You will undergo a Rapid Antigen Test on arrival, if negative, then free to go.
Is two doses of vaccine enough?
If so do you need to wait a number of days / weeks after the second vax?
Or is it as simple as getting my second vax on a Monday and arriving in PP on say a Wednesday?
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Only if the immigration officer isn’t paying attention. The rule is “fully vaccinated”, and the definition given for “fully vaccinated” by pretty much every 2-dose vaccine maker I know of is second jab plus two weeks.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

since u did not answer my question what visa ur on, i can venture a guess you do not qualify for a extension based on marriage ( 400,000 in the bank or 40,0000 baht income)
if so
PP will NOT issue u a 2nd non o visa consectutivley nor will any other embassy> they will tell you to get an extension.
if this is the case, use an agent.

if ur on visa exempt, tourist visa.... convert in country, no reason to travel outside thailand
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Sirhaden1 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:31 am Is two doses of vaccine enough?
If so do you need to wait a number of days / weeks after the second vax?
Or is it as simple as getting my second vax on a Monday and arriving in PP on say a Wednesday?
Final required dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to arrival to be considered fully vaccinated, here is the list of accepted vaccines and the required dosage

samsonthai
Tourist
Thailand

Post by samsonthai »

I am on a NON-O visa in Thailand
I am fully vaccinated
I can NOT apply for a 1 year stay and meet the requirements (400.000/40.000 per month)
I usually have a SINGLE NON-O visa (married) and get that very easy in any country = 90 days !

I can NOT stay in Thailand because the so called Covid Extensions is ending and you must leave the country
1.I can go back to Europe and apply for a NEW NON-O visa (SINGLE)
2.I can do a borderrun by AIR only...............in this case go to Cambodia

THX
samsonthai
Tourist
Thailand

Post by samsonthai »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:35 am since u did not answer my question what visa ur on, i can venture a guess you do not qualify for a extension based on marriage ( 400,000 in the bank or 40,0000 baht income)
if so
PP will NOT issue u a 2nd non o visa consectutivley nor will any other embassy> they will tell you to get an extension.
if this is the case, use an agent.

if ur on visa exempt, tourist visa.... convert in country, no reason to travel outside thailand
I think you wrong
I always can have a NEW NON-O marry visa SINGLE = 90 days
I can get this at ANY embassy..............i do this now for 8 years
PnomPenh also provides ONLY single NON-O marry visas (90days)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic