visa

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
carlobarang
Tourist

visa

Post by carlobarang »

Hi folks 12 years in the kingdom and the last 5 in Europe now I would go back someone can tell me how to get a visa (I am willing to start a company if necessary) thank you.
carlo
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: visa

Post by Jerry Atrick »

carlobarang wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:15 pm Hi folks 12 years in the kingdom and the last 5 in Europe now I would go back someone can tell me how to get a visa (I am willing to start a company if necessary) thank you.
carlo

Yeah,

Arrive on a tourist visa, and pay $500 to change into a 1 year business visa as of approx 48 hours ago
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

If willing to start a company, if necessary, will it pay you to do so, can you cover all the costs and also employ people? If not don't think of it and retire, or wait a little until the visa situation is sorted out.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:39 pm
carlobarang wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:15 pm Hi folks 12 years in the kingdom and the last 5 in Europe now I would go back someone can tell me how to get a visa (I am willing to start a company if necessary) thank you.
carlo

Yeah,

Arrive on a tourist visa, and pay $500 to change into a 1 year business visa as of approx 48 hours ago
You can convert a tourist visa now? Or is it still the "ordinary visa"? I'm not familiar with whatever happened 48 hours ago.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

With effect yesterday - The DoI have now made it official that T-type (Tourist) Visas and e-Visas (electronic online Tourist Visa) can legally be converted to an E-type EOS ie. EB (Business), ER (Retirement)...which means that there should be a standard conversion fee across the board when using an agency, most agents are charging $150 for the conversion fee on top of their standard EOS fee.

Whether this is a temporary or permanent move is not yet known, however I suspect it is just gonna be temporary until the issuing of VOA's is reinstated.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Does the EG extension still exist?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

nerdlinger wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:58 pm Does the EG extension still exist?
Yes
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:35 pm With effect yesterday - The DoI have now made it official that T-type (Tourist) Visas and e-Visas (electronic online Tourist Visa) can legally be converted to an E-type EOS ie. EB (Business), ER (Retirement)...which means that there should be a standard conversion fee across the board when using an agency, most agents are charging $150 for the conversion fee on top of their standard EOS fee.

Whether this is a temporary or permanent move is not yet known, however I suspect it is just gonna be temporary until the issuing of VOA's is reinstated.
Is there a letter with the official red stamp to show this ?
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Tootsfriend wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:25 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:35 pm With effect yesterday - The DoI have now made it official that T-type (Tourist) Visas and e-Visas (electronic online Tourist Visa) can legally be converted to an E-type EOS ie. EB (Business), ER (Retirement)...which means that there should be a standard conversion fee across the board when using an agency, most agents are charging $150 for the conversion fee on top of their standard EOS fee.

Is there a letter with the official red stamp to show this ?
PSD-Kiwi is always a solid and reliable source of info regarding everything visa related and I’m sure he’ll oblige you with proof but, as I said, he’s pretty much been spot on over the years.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Tootsfriend wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:25 am Is there a letter with the official red stamp to show this ?
Haha, unfortunately not that I have come across.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic