Quality Wax for Car?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Quality Wax for Car?

Post by Freightdog »

It might cost a bit, but the high end dealerships might be able to help. Aston and Rolls Royce (I think, among others) used to carry or recommend Autoglym. At least, in Europe.
It’s a bit old hat, but I’ve used it for a long time.
I’ve no idea what the cost would be.

The other thing to do is visit a body repair shop. There are a couple who seem to be proper outfits, as opposed to just flashing over by the side of the road.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Autoglym is an excellent product. Sonax was a spray on type I have used here too, I think I bought in Super Duper.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

one_dolla wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:10 am
if you find it in Kampot could you let us know where ? cheers...

Found this stuff at the Tela next to the Metfone branch in town, (Rd 33), $4.40. Only had 2, was tempted to buy both, but I left one in case someone else wanted it.

Gave it a test on the bike, and it's pretty sticky stuff. Think this tin might be good for 2 coats on the Navara pickup but a single coat after polishing is probably more than enough because it seems to build up really thick on the first coat.

I used to detail cars for a living and I don't ever remember a wax being this sticky or thick, but it left a decent shine and coat on top and is definitely waterproof, so I reckon she'll be right.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic