Tested Positive on Arrival?

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Tested Positive on Arrival?

Post by Doc67 »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:13 am
Username Taken wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:02 pm My son flew in on Tuesday from Brisbane via Singapore. He tested negative on arrival.
Today he got a call from the airport saying that someone on the flight had tested positive for Omicron, and that if he feels unwell he should get tested.
(He's currently feeling fine).
He said that on the Singapore to Phnom Penh leg he wore 2 masks.

He's hoping to fly out again next Wednesday.
He and his sister (my daughter) were hoping to fly out yesterday. Went to collect their test results only to find that he's covid positive.
He asked what variant of covid and was told that it is government information and that they can't tell him.
He was sent home, but is half expecting a van with guys in hazmat suits to come to take him away today.

An expensive exercise as it turns out. Two PCR tests @ $130 each, plus two flight cancellations @ $200 each.

If there is a God, I expect he looks like a vagina!
Am I right in thinking that all the airlines goodwill regarding cancellations and full flexibility has now ended and if you make changes, even for being positive and banned from travel, you still have to cough up the money?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:35 am
Username Taken wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:02 pm My son flew in on Tuesday from Brisbane via Singapore. He tested negative on arrival.
Today he got a call from the airport saying that someone on the flight had tested positive for Omicron, and that if he feels unwell he should get tested.

He and his sister (my daughter) were hoping to fly out yesterday. Went to collect their test results only to find that he's covid positive.
He asked what variant of covid and was told that it is government information and that they can't tell him.
He was sent home, but is half expecting a van with guys in hazmat suits to come to take him away today.

An expensive exercise as it turns out. Two PCR tests @ $130 each, plus two flight cancellations @ $200 each.

Am I right in thinking that all the airlines goodwill regarding cancellations and full flexibility has now ended and if you make changes, even for being positive and banned from travel, you still have to cough up the money?
So it seems.

And, just to be difficult, try finding an FAQ with "I've tested positive for Covid and my flight is scheduled to leave in 4 hours, what to do, and who to contact'.
Then have fun trying to contact the airline.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:48 am
Doc67 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:35 am

So it seems.

And, just to be difficult, try finding an FAQ with "I've tested positive for Covid and my flight is scheduled to leave in 4 hours, what to do, and who to contact'.
Then have fun trying to contact the airline.
And I suppose unless you actually cancel then you'll be classed as a no-show, with whatever penalties that incurs. What a clusterf*k.

I wish him well, and please keep us posted on how in pans out.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:20 am Image
Is that the most recent Quarantine rules? Still 14 days?

I told him to stay home and isolate and rest, go outside and get some vitamin D each day. After 5 days do a RA test. If negative, do another test 2 days later. If negative again, book the flight and test at Intercare Medical Center.

And just a FYI from YT yesterday, "Australians who test positive overseas now only need to wait 7 days to come home, and require a negative Rapid test 24 hours before take off."
From here:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

^^^^
Australians who test positive overseas now only need to wait 7 days to come home, and require a negative Rapid test 24 hours before take off.
What's the betting that even when half the world have abandoned pre or post arrival testing (some time in the next few months) we will still need to cough up $130 just to go through PP airport, irrespective of where you are going?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:57 am Is that the most recent Quarantine rules? Still 14 days?
The MoH have not issued an updated guide, and this is what they are giving some travellers who tested positive on arrival, so safe to assume this is current....but TIC.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:37 pm What's the betting that even when half the world have abandoned pre or post arrival testing (some time in the next few months) we will still need to cough up $130 just to go through PP airport, irrespective of where you are going?
A pre-flight PCR Test is not a Cambodian requirement for people departing the country...it is based on the requirements of the airlines you are flying with, any transit destinations, and of course the final destination.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:37 pm ^^^^
Australians who test positive overseas now only need to wait 7 days to come home, and require a negative Rapid test 24 hours before take off.
What's the betting that even when half the world have abandoned pre or post arrival testing (some time in the next few months) we will still need to cough up $130 just to go through PP airport, irrespective of where you are going?
Only $80 at Pasteur
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:29 pm
Doc67 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:37 pm What's the betting that even when half the world have abandoned pre or post arrival testing (some time in the next few months) we will still need to cough up $130 just to go through PP airport, irrespective of where you are going?
A pre-flight PCR Test is not a Cambodian requirement for people departing the country...it is based on the requirements of the airlines you are flying with, any transit destinations, and of course the final destination.
Ok noted. So in theory if I want to go to the UK without being nasally molested, I will need both Singapore to stop requiring a PCR test just to transit and Singapore Airlines to have no policy of pre-flight testing before they allow me on board? Do they even have no such policy, or is just the requirements for transit and destination?

I tried to look it up and can't find anything about the airline actually needing a pre flight test just to be on board but as they having been busy getting themselves safety audit certificates and showing them off, I am not so sure. There is a whole new industry milking Covid for all it's worth.

Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

What needs to happen is for countries to communicate with each other and make sure everyone is on the same page.

Yesterday, Oztralia said that travelers returning to Oz would only need a RA test.
Yet, if I read the below (from Singapore Airlines) correctly, if you are 'transiting' Singapore from a Category IV country (i.e Cambodia), then ART tests are not allowed.

Also, if you have recovered from Covid within the last 7/14 to 90 days you may present appropriate documentary proof of recovery in lieu of a negative test result. (I wonder where you'd get that from and at what cost?)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic