Blood donation needed, Please help

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
bloodbank
Tourist
Afghanistan

Re: Blood donation needed, Please help

Post by bloodbank »

pm sent
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Please post instructions
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:02 pm Please post instructions
instructions are that I have too first find 5 positive blood doners.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I'm universal donor blood type, but due to past malaria & pretty extensive plasma infusions that saved my life a long time back I am deemed not a suitable donor here after applying a few times over the years

Which shows good safeguards in the donor vetting process, fair play, better than my home country managed for sure
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I apologize for not getting back to the replies. The situation is that I am the sole carer of my partner, she is unable to attend to herself. She has a lack of oxygen in her red blood cells, so is not functioning at her best, she has lost weight rapidly, she cannot walk unaided, nor go alone to the bathroom, nor can she feed herself.
All sounds pretty grim, but the doctors at Mercy Medical Center have been treating her with tests and medicine, and will do the blood transfusion. They are giving us some hope -
https://goo.gl/maps/GLYHvWntjqWeMNjX7

https://mercymedcambodia.org/

My partner was diagnosed with liver cirrhosis 3 1/2 years ago, and the two overseas qualified doctors at the time said she would not last to the end of the year. But she has been going strong up to recently, so I will not yet give up hope, but I know the situation is not good.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Just need 5 people to say 100% they are willing to give blood donations, then I can ask the doctor to prepare the paperwork needed and set a near date.

Thank you

andykk
letsjustsee
Tourist
Netherlands

Post by letsjustsee »

Just a bit of information that my inlaws learned the hard way the last two years, when giving blood for a patient in Calmette, the bloodbank was located in or near the russian hospital, and they disqualified anybody from giving blood with high bloodpressure (they may wait an hour to test the bloodpressure again), anybody with a dissease and anybody with a tattoo. So if you need 5 people to give blood, you may need a few more to compensate for disqualifications.(unless you already factored in some losses). One person can not give blood again for 3 months after donating. My sister inlaw at the time was on the phone the whole time to arrange fresh candidates for giving blood. I wish you and your partner all the best
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

"...anybody with a tattoo>>>"
really? never heard of that one

best of luck Andy

I have tried over the years to give blood, but have high blood pressure and always have been denied, Once went to the dentist for an infected tooth and she wouldn't treat me cause of my BP>
now it seems cause i am " tattooed" ( not as obvious as Jamie) i cant give as well
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Have I read this right the hospital won't give blood to a person unless you have proof you can replace the blood given.
I'll come to PP tomorrow Andy.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

atst wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:42 am Have I read this right the hospital won't give blood to a person unless you have proof you can replace the blood given.
I'll come to PP tomorrow Andy.
Yes! But it's better than finding doners with a blood type the same. So doners give blood and the hospital or blood bank gives the blood type we need in exchange.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic