"Now's a Good Time for a KRUD", the New Vattanak Beer

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

"Now's a Good Time for a KRUD", the New Vattanak Beer

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Here's a new Cambodian beer from Vattanak brewery with a punchy name: KRUD. And their message is that anytime is a good time for a Krud, and in Cambodia, Krud is everywhere !

Cambodian Beer Brand Proves That ‘Now’s a Good Time for a Krud’
The Secret Little Agency celebrates the enduring goodness of Cambodian culture with campaign directed by Stink’s Eoin Glaister
Cambodian Beer Brand Proves That ‘Now’s a Good Time for a Krud’

Bursting with Cambodia’s infectious positivity, TSLA launches a brand new beer that celebrates the enduring goodness of Cambodian culture.
In Cambodia, ‘Good’ is everywhere. But what is Krud kinda Good? A Krud Good can be big or small. It happens in the biggest cities and in the smallest villages. In partnership with creative agency The Secret Little Agency (TSLA), Vattanac Brewery (subsidiary of Vattanac Group) has unveiled its very first beer brand in Cambodia: Krud, a proudly Cambodian pilsner brand designed to elevate the domestic drinking market through the high-quality beer that embodies Cambodia’s spirit through and through. A beer fit for all celebrations.

TSLA worked closely with partners in Cambodia and Vattanac’s own team of experts, to develop Krud’s brand purpose and positioning, to bring to life the 'Good Time for a Krud' campaign. Inspired by Cambodia’s history and the people’s spirit of unyielding positivity, the campaign reminds everyone that there is so much in life to celebrate; every positive moment, no matter how big or small, is worth celebrating.

“Cambodians celebrate everything. Whether it’s something big like winning the grand prize in a lucky draw, or just getting a single like on your Tik Tok dance, it all deserves a celebration in Cambodia. We wanted to capture the country’s positivity in the campaign, and show that wherever you look, there’s always a good time to celebrate with Krud,“ said a spokesperson from TSLA.

The work is the first of Vattanac Brewery’s partnership with TSLA.
https://www.lbbonline.com/news/cambodia ... for-a-krud
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Re: "Now's a Good Time for a KRUD", the New Vattanak Beer

Post by Grand Barong »

Clever Advert.. :beer3:
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

Krud in Australia means Crap ... they should have maybe researched international name meanings first
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

Ozinasia wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:44 pm Krud in Australia means Crap ... they should have maybe researched international name meanings first
Because i'm sure it's marketed to Australians..... :BangHead:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Ozinasia wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:44 pm Krud in Australia means Crap ... they should have maybe researched international name meanings first
Crud in English ( not just Straylian) means : a deposit or incrustation of filth, grease, or refuse ; b · something disgusting : rubbish ; c · a contemptible person.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

just saying I mean I am sure they'll hope for sales in International hotels and tourist belt bars and nightclubs yeah ? Not many will walk yup to bar and ask for a can of krud or crud .. just passing a comment is all .. if I was opening a brewery or a new drink brand I wouldn't be calling it a name that in other cultures means crap or shit is all ... loads of better names around surly.. sheeeze :facepalm:
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Grand Barong wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:11 pm
It is being marketed in English and a lot of the English speaking community know it to mean that.

Brought to you by the secret little agency and vattanac, one based in a English speaking country and the other one of the biggest companies in Cambodia with a fair few expat staff
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

Seriously? It's not April 1. This should make it into marketing 101 textbooks as an example of what not to do. Reminds me of Pocari Sweat. But I think I'd prefer to drink sweat than Krud.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

cautious colin wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:43 am
Grand Barong wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:11 pm
It is being marketed in English and a lot of the English speaking community know it to mean that.

Brought to you by the secret little agency and vattanac, one based in a English speaking country and the other one of the biggest companies in Cambodia with a fair few expat staff
I have tried it.

I can assure you the agency have named it perfectly.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

It's the kind of name the beer in the Simpsons would have been called if it wasn't already called Duff.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic