Visa to start a new business catch-22

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Visa to start a new business catch-22

Post by nerdlinger »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:47 pm
nerdlinger wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:38 pm
As it goes there have been a few pieces of useful advice in here that I will be following up on. My thanks to those concerned. I was just expressing annoyance at those posters who weren’t here to help but to heckle and condescend.
Just reciprocate one story....
I would say I’d keep you posted, but it seems like there’s enough people who’ve decided to be dicks about it that I don’t much feel like dragging the thread out much longer.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

nerdlinger wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:12 pm
As it goes there have been a few pieces of useful advice in here that I will be following up on. My thanks to those concerned. I was just expressing annoyance at those posters who weren’t here to help but to heckle and condescend.
I would say I’d keep you posted, but it seems like there’s enough people who’ve decided to be dicks about it that I don’t much feel like dragging the thread out much longer.
I will help in any additional information you may need if I possibly can. Like I have mentioned I had set-up a business here for myself in the past. Give me your specific requirements, here or by PM.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:26 pm
I will help in any additional information you may need if I possibly can. Like I have mentioned I had set-up a business here for myself in the past. Give me your specific requirements, here or by PM.
Thanks
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I suspect any further requests for assistance will not get passed page 1.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

The DoI have now made it official that T-type (Tourist) Visas and e-Visas (electronic online Tourist Visa) can legally be converted to an E-type EOS...which means that there should be a standard conversion fee across the board when using an agency.

Whether this is a temporary or permanent move is not yet known, however I suspect it is just gonna be temporary until the issuing of VOA's is reinstated.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:18 pm The DoI have now made it official that T-type (Tourist) Visas and e-Visas (electronic online Tourist Visa) can legally be converted to an E-type EOS...which means that there should be a standard conversion fee across the board when using an agency.

Whether this is a temporary or permanent move is not yet known, however I suspect it is just gonna be temporary until the issuing of VOA's is reinstated.
That’s great news, thanks.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:10 pm I suspect any further requests for assistance will not get passed page 1.
The only ones getting their panties in a bunch are the ones who weren’t helping to begin with, so what you’re describing there is the ideal outcome for me. :beer3:
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

nerdlinger wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:42 pm
Doc67 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:10 pm I suspect any further requests for assistance will not get passed page 1.
The only ones getting their panties in a bunch are the ones who weren’t helping to begin with, so what you’re describing there is the ideal outcome for me. :beer3:
What did the Cambodian consul in London tell you?
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:50 pm
nerdlinger wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:42 pm
What did the Cambodian consul in London tell you?
I would think that is immaterial, due to you have to be here anyway.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic