Blood donation needed, Please help

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Blood donation needed, Please help

Post by AndyKK »

Blood donation needed

I have put this post in a new category, “Help Wanted”, thinking the post of an urgent situation of many I had previously read that are already blood donors in the Kingdom, and there had been posts made in the past of helping the people of this country. Here with contacting me, you can help save a life now, or at least make the young lady a little more comfortable with whatever time she may have left. Surely to give someone a bit of quality if it’s even going to even be the end of their life, it must be worth the free time giving a little blood needed.

Many members of CEO will be aware of the situation of my partner and that she is suffering from a severe illness. She unfortunately of late developed more problems and is in need of a blood transfusion.
I don’t know if you members are aware or knowledgeable how this system is undertaken in Cambodia. Basically, the donner gives blood at the blood bank in the city, there is no costs involved in the giving of blood, and it doesn’t matter if you have a different blood-type then my partner. That is because they are already in possession of my partners blood-type (group) but will not realise unless I match the quantity from a number of donations from people to match the volume of litres that maybe needed.
Our doctor needs to prepare the correct forms/paperwork beforehand so we can get the blood released and transported to the hospital we’re we are in hopes of giving her the blood transfusion.

Please members, if you’re in a position to give a little blood please contact me has soon has you can.
I thank you all beforehand with kindness from our hearts.
andykk.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Blood donation needed, Please help

Post by nemo »

I am sorry that my medical status prevents me from donating.
I hope others can step up to help you.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

How many people do you need to give blood? It's in PP I guess?

Hoping your inbox is lit up!
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:13 pm How many people do you need to give blood? It's in PP I guess?

Hoping your inbox is lit up!
You and nemo are the only two to reply to us reaching out on the forum. Yes, it will and can only be in Phnom Penh at the blood bank. I am needing a minimum of 5 blood donations.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

nemo wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:36 pm I am sorry that my medical status prevents me from donating.
I hope others can step up to help you.
That's okay nemo, I was hoping for a type of reply even if it wasn't possible like with your answer. Thanks for giving me the reply, I do appreciate if people like yourself are unable because of certain circumstances.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

AndyKK, so we are talking about the National Blood Bank at the Khmer Soviet Hospital ? I've donated there in the past and times/days to go are not clear. Last time I was out there it seemed all the Khmer had gotten over their witch doctor blood donation belief system and were lined up deep outside to get in and donate for a fee. I am assuming this blood swap you are describing is not paid for any donor to work for her transfusion.

I am sorry it has come to this so quickly and please let me know about some of the above q's - where, when, what to say when I get there etc. I am more than happy to donate.

cheers Mate
bloodbank
Tourist
Afghanistan

Post by bloodbank »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:18 pm Blood donation needed

I have put this post in a new category, “Help Wanted”, thinking the post of an urgent situation of many I had previously read that are already blood donors in the Kingdom, and there had been posts made in the past of helping the people of this country. Here with contacting me, you can help save a life now, or at least make the young lady a little more comfortable with whatever time she may have left. Surely to give someone a bit of quality if it’s even going to even be the end of their life, it must be worth the free time giving a little blood needed.

Many members of CEO will be aware of the situation of my partner and that she is suffering from a severe illness. She unfortunately of late developed more problems and is in need of a blood transfusion.
I don’t know if you members are aware or knowledgeable how this system is undertaken in Cambodia. Basically, the donner gives blood at the blood bank in the city, there is no costs involved in the giving of blood, and it doesn’t matter if you have a different blood-type then my partner. That is because they are already in possession of my partners blood-type (group) but will not realise unless I match the quantity from a number of donations from people to match the volume of litres that maybe needed.
Our doctor needs to prepare the correct forms/paperwork beforehand so we can get the blood released and transported to the hospital we’re we are in hopes of giving her the blood transfusion.

Please members, if you’re in a position to give a little blood please contact me has soon has you can.
andykk.
Quickly registered just to reply to you. I can't figure out the message function. Please private message me so we can talk.
bloodbank
Tourist
Afghanistan

Post by bloodbank »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:18 pm Blood donation needed

andykk.
It appears I can't use the message function due to being a new member. Could you please post an email or other way to get in touch with you. I'm pretty confident I can help out.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

bossho wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:15 pm AndyKK, so we are talking about the National Blood Bank at the Khmer Soviet Hospital ? I've donated there in the past and times/days to go are not clear. Last time I was out there it seemed all the Khmer had gotten over their witch doctor blood donation belief system and were lined up deep outside to get in and donate for a fee. I am assuming this blood swap you are describing is not paid for any donor to work for her transfusion.

I am sorry it has come to this so quickly and please let me know about some of the above q's - where, when, what to say when I get there etc. I am more than happy to donate.

cheers Mate
It is has you say, location is there at the blood bank. But please don't go, until I get at least 5 people to donate, the doctor at the hospital where the transfusion will take place must do the paperwork so we can get my partner's blood type sent to them. It is all a free service to donate.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

Ok, well lets get them, i can help let me know brother.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic