One way ticket to Cambodia?

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: One way ticket to Cambodia?

Post by Doc67 »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:44 am
nerdlinger wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:33 pm
Clutch Cargo wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:20 pm I sent an email query to Singapore airlines and got an automated reply:
We are currently encountering high volume and will do our best to respond to you within 15 business days.
:shock:
That’s insane. Do they even know what industry they’re in?
Yeah, I was a bit surprised with the 15 days business days but in fairness they did also say:
Please note that we will also be prioritising passengers with urgent travel within next 2 days.
and they have a online chat service too but prefer something in writing.
do our best to respond to you within 15 business days

That means it is likely to be more than 3 weeks...
kagi
Expatriate
Switzerland

Post by kagi »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:20 pm I sent an email query to Singapore airlines and got an automated reply:
We are currently encountering high volume and will do our best to respond to you within 15 business days.
:shock:
SIA were fully booked for Europe and North America thru December. Probably still the same now with VTLs.
snookieboi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by snookieboi »

Ask the airline.

I think you need a Visa to be allowed 1 way flight.

Easier to book a cheap onward flight to Vietnam or Thailand.
More than just any old backpacker.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

From personal experience I know that Thai airlines often requires it even though in Cambodia it would be fine.

As someone mentioned you might be able to talk yourself out of it. Happen once to my gf though and she was just going hysteric so had to get return ticket to Bangkok to get on the plane.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

snookieboi wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:08 pm I think you need a Visa to be allowed 1 way flight.
All travellers to Cambodia require a Visa in advance regardless at the moment...Visas on Arrival have been suspended since March 2020...no Visa = No fly (with the exception of those eligible for Visa exempt entry).
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

I've had trouble with Singapore Airlines from Auckland. ( pre covid )The guy wouldn't budge and I had to quickly buy a ticket from Pp to Bangkok.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

i read somewhere in this forum there is a website where you can book fake return tickets for as low as 10 dollars, but dont remember the webiste, if that avoids a hassle, then better fake. I had problems with Emirates a couple of years ago when they came first time to PNH with a short stop in Yangon, at check-in in Dusseldorf, they made problems because my return date was 45 days later and they said i could only stay 30days, even if my passport had several visa-extensions for an other 30 days !! After getting several supervisers and some insults from me that they didnt know where fuck**** PP was, they let me through. And my last insult was "only in Germany" and knever agagin Emirates because of you". Surprisingly one of those guys was at the gate and was surprisingly polite to me !! Only in Germany !! And last week i flew again with Emirates, because i like them (but not through Dusseldorf) !!
Argus
Tourist

Post by Argus »

Just book a refundable ticket and cancel for free
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:17 pm
snookieboi wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:08 pm I think you need a Visa to be allowed 1 way flight.
All travellers to Cambodia require a Visa in advance regardless at the moment...Visas on Arrival have been suspended since March 2020...no Visa = No fly (with the exception of those eligible for Visa exempt entry).
I just flown into Cambodia without any visa in advance, got tourist visa at the SR airport. But the airline in Thailand asked me to show a proof of a flight out of Cambodia.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Chuck Borris wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:58 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:17 pm
I just flown into Cambodia without any visa in advance, got tourist visa at the SR airport. But the airline in Thailand asked me to show a proof of a flight out of Cambodia.
That comment was over 1 year ago...The issuing of all Visas on Arrival was reinstated in March 2022, which I posted about in a dedicated thread.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic