Drunk Chinese Drives into Shop Killing 38Yo Woman Instantly

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Re: Drunk Chinese Drives into Shop Killing 38Yo Woman Instantly

Post by Apollo91881 »

Tootsfriend wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:14 am
truffledog wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:12 am
AndyKK wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:22 am Sorry for the young lady who lost her life in this accident, and of course her family who have the grief and expenses.
Accident? It's about time the authorities looked more closely into this type of so-called accidents! The driver was intoxicated when the accident occurred, in my book that obviously tells me that he was clearly incapable of being safely in charge of the vehicle he was driving, being of a danger to himself and other road users. But this again like other road traffic accidents went a step more, being that the driver lost control of his vehicle and killed an innocent bystander whom was not a road user at the time of the incident, but that of a shopkeeper going about her daily business in the home of her shop-house.
It may be seen has an unfortunate bizarre accident, but it should be portrayed has murder in my view.
Just immagine how many new longterm prisons you would need to build&run if this was the case,

Just build them, and they will come.
Then Cambodia can truly become a province of China! Complete with military base and penal colony.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

There appears to be a recent increase in serious traffic accidents involving Chinese drivers; another accident from last week:

(Suspectedly) Drunk Chinese in a Mercedes Drags Motorcyclist 30 Metres
Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): At 8:40 pm on January 19, 2022, on Russian Federation Blvd., Sangkat Sras Chork, Khan Doan Penh, two Chinese nationals were seen driving Mercedes 4Matic (PNH 2BL-7688) very recklessly and crashed into a Honda Dream 2022 (no plate number).
The crash completely wrecked the motorbike and the front bumper of the car. The victim and the motorbike were dragged over 30m and the motorcyclist was badly injured. The car driver and the passengers were suspected to be driving under the influence of alcohol. The victim was sent to the Kosomak hospital. The suspects and the damaged vehicles were taken to the police station for further proceedings.Image
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:26 pm Image
I'm not a mechanic but something looks wrong with this bike :no:

At least we get to read the police hauled them off even though we all know what that means.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

It may be seen has an unfortunate bizarre accident, but it should be portrayed has murder in my view.
[/quote]

Just immagine how many new longterm prisons you would need to build&run if this was the case,
[/quote]
It was not long ago that the Chinese were going to build and run new business ventures of new prisons. Do you think they knew of what was going to be coming along in Cambodia?
[/quote]

I don’t follow any chinese news or know of any expat forums of people in china 🇨🇳.
But … i wonder .
Is it just the rogues coming here and doing things like this all the time that they couldn’t or wouldn’t do there ?
0r
Is it a communist mindset ?
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

They need to start giving these guys the max sentence, so maybe they will think twice.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:36 pm

At least we get to read the police hauled them off even though we all know what that means.
Actually I don't. Please explain.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Gazzy wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:12 am

The money situation could not be settled at the scene. Once that is sorted out he is released back into traffic.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:26 pm There appears to be a recent increase in serious traffic accidents involving Chinese drivers; another accident from last week:

(Suspectedly) Drunk Chinese in a Mercedes Drags Motorcyclist 30 Metres
Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): At 8:40 pm on January 19, 2022, on Russian Federation Blvd., Sangkat Sras Chork, Khan Doan Penh, two Chinese nationals were seen driving Mercedes 4Matic (PNH 2BL-7688) very recklessly and crashed into a Honda Dream 2022 (no plate number).
The crash completely wrecked the motorbike and the front bumper of the car. The victim and the motorbike were dragged over 30m and the motorcyclist was badly injured. The car driver and the passengers were suspected to be driving under the influence of alcohol. The victim was sent to the Kosomak hospital. The suspects and the damaged vehicles were taken to the police station for further proceedings.Image
There's a video of that accident. The Mercedes is being very impatient and attempting to push forward. When the traffic comes to a junction the Merc driver accelerates wildly and swerves all the way across to the far left lane of the opposing lane, where the moto gets creamed.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

ItWasntMe wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:30 am
Gazzy wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:12 am

The money situation could not be settled at the scene. Once that is sorted out he is released back into traffic.
[/quote
What happens if the perpetrator can't pay?
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

He has a Merc, must be worth a bit, or is it a rental or on finance.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic