Mask exemption in Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Re: Mask exemption in Cambodia

Post by ItWasntMe »

nerdlinger wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:44 pm the anti maskers have dishonestly pointed at those studies to “prove” that their thin cloth masks are poisoning them.
To be fair I sometimes feel my own breathe in those masks which can be quite intoxicating.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

nerdlinger wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:44 pm
Freightdog wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:53 pm elevated levels of rebreathed CO2,
Side note, this isn’t a real thing for regular face masks. They cannot and do not trap co2, not even close.

There are some types of heavy duty valve masks that show a barely measurable rise that’s still well within safe limits, and the anti maskers have dishonestly pointed at those studies to “prove” that their thin cloth masks are poisoning them.
Noted. You took note of that bit, and took it seriously. Roger.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

ItWasntMe wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:08 pm
nerdlinger wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:44 pm the anti maskers have dishonestly pointed at those studies to “prove” that their thin cloth masks are poisoning them.
To be fair I sometimes feel my own breathe in those masks which can be quite intoxicating.
That’s not co2, that’s bad breath. Now you know how it feels for others when they’re near you ;)
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Freightdog wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:17 pm
nerdlinger wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:44 pm
Freightdog wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:53 pm elevated levels of rebreathed CO2,
Side note, this isn’t a real thing for regular face masks. They cannot and do not trap co2, not even close.

There are some types of heavy duty valve masks that show a barely measurable rise that’s still well within safe limits, and the anti maskers have dishonestly pointed at those studies to “prove” that their thin cloth masks are poisoning them.
Noted. You took note of that bit, and took it seriously. Roger.
Honestly on this forum it’s hard to tell who’s joking and who’s a buffoon.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

nerdlinger wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:28 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:08 pm
That’s not co2, that’s bad breath. Now you know how it feels for others when they’re near you ;)
You're full of knowledge aren't ya ;)
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Wkkep
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Wkkep »

Tootsfriend wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:07 pm I know it's a dumb question, but will a mask exemption stop you getting covid or will it just stop you giving covid to other people ?
Spoiler:
I think I deserve a dumb answer.
You don't deserve any answer if you can't take a few minutes and read through the contradictory comments of the World Health Organisation (WHO for you), or the Center for Disease Control (CDC for you).
Talk about the new plantation!
CaliforniaGuy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by CaliforniaGuy »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:35 pm The guy who solves glasses fogging from mask wearing is gonna do OK. I can pinch the upper wire against my nose until cartilage cracks but it doesn't take long before it feels like I'm doing circles in cumulonimbus.
I use the KN95 masks but their internal wire is just too small for longer European noses, so I slip a piece of electric hookup wire inside the fabric just above the internal wire and with that can fit snugly, without being too tight and keeps glasses from fogging. I don't know the gauge, just some wire I had on hand. You could find a gauge that works for you. Hope that helps.
I wish I knew a whole lot more, or a whole lot less.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic