Man Poisons M-I-Ls Pigs as Revenge for Runaway Wife

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Man Poisons M-I-Ls Pigs as Revenge for Runaway Wife

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Kompong Cham Province): On the afternoon of January 20, 2022, a 31-year-old man, Pol Piseth, a farmer from Toul Rokar village, Peam Koh Sna commune, Steung Trong district, ran off to Phnom Penh, after using rat poison to kill 15 pigs belonging to his 58-year-old mother-in-law, Sorn Leang, because he was angry when his wife ran away.

Before this incident, the wife had feared for her life and that of her one-year-old baby, so she ran away to her aunt's home in Steung Sen district, Kompong Thom province to avoid being beaten by her husband. But when the suspect eventually found out that she ran away, he followed her. According to the source, the suspect and the in-laws often argued.

Later on, the suspect was detained by police, and tested positive for drugs. He has been held in custody for further proceedings.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Re: Man Poisons M-I-Ls Pigs as Revenge for Runaway Wife

Post by ItWasntMe »

What a romantic gesture, surely she'll want him back now :crazy:
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Makes a change from burning the house down. Poor piggies
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

How much does meth cost? Il always surprised by these random villagers who are on drugs. Is meth that cheap?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:49 pm How much does meth cost? Il always surprised by these random villagers who are on drugs. Is meth that cheap?
I have often asked the same question. Has I have been led to understand meth is an expensive drug on all accounts. I haven't seen anything from anyone who can confirm the actual price in Cambodia.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

AndyKK wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:07 am
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:49 pm How much does meth cost? Il always surprised by these random villagers who are on drugs. Is meth that cheap?
I have often asked the same question. Has I have been led to understand meth is an expensive drug on all accounts. I haven't seen anything from anyone who can confirm the actual price in Cambodia.
It's easy to make and they produce a ton here so it must be super cheap. You don't need to grow anything or whatever just do the process get your weight and repeat.

Never looked for that though so no idea about actual prices.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

AndyKK wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:07 am
I don't know any exact prices but drugs are always cheap enough when you split them up into individual deals. So it's maybe $70 a gram and $10 for a bag of less than 1/10 of that. There's a whole lot of it all over the villages and hamlets of the kingdom. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Flexxman
Expatriate

Post by Flexxman »

On meth: prices have come down considerably in wholesale since producers moved away from using ephedrine as precursor. Governments worldwide - even the Chinese - have limited trade in ephedrine making it harder to obtain thus more expensive. But it is chemistry, so producers found out as alternative precursor with similar properties phenyl-2-propanone could be used instead. With extra bonus that P2P can be produced using off-the-shelf standard chemicals, and in many different ways. Chemicals that have many legitimate uses so cannot really get banned. Sam Quinones decribes this in his book Dreamland on the opioid crisis that mainly documents that, and the ratio behind the move to synthetics like fentanyl. Big advantage for crims: not produced with plants, no yearly crop to harvest. Just order the chemicals and start cooking. He also describes (anecdotally) that since the production moved to using P2P quality took a hit and increased mental issues with the users.

https://samquinones.com/books/dreamland/
https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... pidemic-us
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Meth made from ephedra ( plant, prolific weed ) is coming out of Afghanistan in growing quantities
MarkArmstrong
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MarkArmstrong »

Its such a simple compound anyone can make it, the issue is getting enougb of the precursor to manufacture it. Many people are willing to take the risk for the rewards.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic