6,386kg of Vietnamese Prawns Injected with Unknown Substance Confiscated and Destroyed

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

6,386kg of Vietnamese Prawns Injected with Unknown Substance Confiscated and Destroyed

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Kampot Province): On January 16, 2021, the Kompong Trach district police in Kampot province stopped and searched two trucks coming from Vietnam that were suspected to be carrying prohibited products, and they discovered 610 styrofoam boxes full of prawns that were injected with an unknown jelly substance.
The prawns were confiscated and then destroyed by fire by the Cambodian authorities on January 18. The two people who operated the trucks were detained and accused of smuggling prohibited products. However, their identity was not revealed.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Dontsmoke
Tourist
Great Britain

Re: 6,386kg of Vietnamese Prawns Injected with Unknown Substance Confiscated and Destroyed

Post by Dontsmoke »

Glad I have gout. No shell fish.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: 6,386kg of Vietnamese Prawns Injected with Unknown Substance Confiscated and Destroyed

Post by atst »

So with the development of kep the prawns need to come from Vietnam now, not local, or am I only stirring the pot or has this been going on for ages
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Pretty good spotting by the Khmers. Man, the Viets just can't stop themselves from adulterating food. The Khmers also banned Thai pork exports -- African Swine Flu infected pork and, in the past, headed off shipments of spoiled pork.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

These prawns must have felt proud to be treated like just Philippinos addicts, somehow
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

At least some little bit of the tainted foods sold in Cambodia is discovered and destroyed..a drip in the ocean i fear. Its a shame that Thailand and Vietnam treat Cambodia as a waste food dump.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:40 pm Image
Cambodia News (Kampot Province): On January 16, 2021, the Kompong Trach district police in Kampot province stopped and searched two trucks coming from Vietnam that were suspected to be carrying prohibited products, and they discovered 610 styrofoam boxes full of prawns that were injected with an unknown jelly substance.

The prawns were confiscated and then destroyed by fire by the Cambodian authorities on January 18. The two people who operated the trucks were detained and accused of smuggling prohibited products. However, their identity was not revealed.
and they discovered 610 styrofoam boxes full of prawns that were injected with an unknown jelly substance.

Thats a small fire to burn 610 boxes full of prawns.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

Pasteur is unable to test the jelly? Could of been something dangerous, bet if they found out The Viets would of done something on their side..
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

That's a pretty small fire for a truck load.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic