Prince Andrew's painful Newsnight interview

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Prince Andrew's painful Newsnight interview

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Must be hard for the Queen to see her son belittled and fall from grace like this...especially so when she has had to institute these actions. Goes to show though, she must protect the royal institution at all costs and no one person is bigger than that.

Buckingham Palace deletes Prince Andrew’s social media profiles

London: Buckingham Palace has deleted the Duke of York’s Twitter profile and updated its website to reflect his newfound status as a “private citizen”.

His official Instagram page, which uses the handle @hrhthedukeofyork and had 219,000 followers was made private, while his Facebook page is in the process of being taken down.

Andrew has agreed to no longer use his HRH title.

His page on the Royal family’s website was updated with the statement, released last week, confirming that his military titles and royal patronages had been returned to the Queen and that he would not carry out any public duties.

His official duties are listed in the past tense, while further content detailing his work has been removed.

The website now states: “An important part of the Duke of York’s role was to support the Queen’s work as Head of State.”

Full: https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/ ... 59po6.html
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

I wonder what happened to his ten thousand men. :popcorn:
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:39 am I wonder what happened to his ten thousand underage girls. :popcorn:
FTFY :D

https://www.dailysquat.com/it-was-actua ... e-of-york/
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Don't you love the wording lawyers use..(my bolding)

Prince Andrew raises ‘consent’ as defence in Giuffre abuse trial filing

New York: Prince Andrew raised consent and “unclean hands” as defences against Virginia Giuffre’s lawsuit claiming he sexually abused her when she was a teenager.

In the formal answer he filed on Thursday AEDT to Giuffre’s suit in Manhattan federal court, the British royal said her claims were barred by her own wrongful actions. He didn’t specify the conduct to which he was referring.

“Assuming, without admitting, that Giuffre has suffered any injury or damage alleged in the complaint, Giuffre’s claims are barred by the doctrine of consent,” Andrew said in Wednesday’s filing.

He asked that the case be decided by a jury.

Full: https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/ ... 59rk1.html

Cut off from the public purse, Prince Andrew sells his Swiss chalet to pay legal bills

Andrew quietly cleared the way to sell his seven-bedroom Swiss lodge with an indoor swimming pool late last year, paying millions he owed the previous owner to remove a court claim that would have impeded putting the property on the market.

The Duke of York had for years failed to pay the final $US8 million installment ($11 million) of the $US 29 million ($40 million) purchase, citing a lack of funds, said Isabelle de Rouvre, a French national who sold the property to Andrew and his ex-wife, Sarah Ferguson, in 2014.

They finally came forward with the money two months ago, de Rouvre said, “only because they want to sell”. Noting Andrew’s mounting legal troubles, she said in an interview with The Washington Post, “you can see where [any proceeds] are going to go.”

Full: https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/ ... 59ra8.html
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:37 pm
Full: https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/ ... 59rk1.html

Cut off from the public purse, Prince Andrew sells his Swiss chalet to pay legal bills

Andrew quietly cleared the way to sell his seven-bedroom Swiss lodge with an indoor swimming pool late last year, paying millions he owed the previous owner to remove a court claim that would have impeded putting the property on the market.

The Duke of York had for years failed to pay the final $US8 million installment ($11 million) of the $US 29 million ($40 million) purchase, citing a lack of funds, said Isabelle de Rouvre, a French national who sold the property to Andrew and his ex-wife, Sarah Ferguson, in 2014.

They finally came forward with the money two months ago, de Rouvre said, “only because they want to sell”. Noting Andrew’s mounting legal troubles, she said in an interview with The Washington Post, “you can see where [any proceeds] are going to go.”

That's a fascinating article that digs deep into Andrew's (and his ex-wife's) dodgy financial history. Basically, his finances are probably in as big of a mess as hers.

Plenty of comments about Andrew's pleaded denials (and non-denials) from m'learned friends in this artilcle from The Guardian.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... to-lawsuit

They are saying it is imperative that he settle rather than go to trial on the back of his pleadings that have just been released. And on top of that, there is the need to get all this dealt with before the Jubilee celebrations this summer.

The problem is that Guiffre knows he has to settle, more than any defendant in the history of civil claims has ever had to settle!. She has asked for a jury trial and her pleadings do not specify a sum of money. I'm guessing she is asking so much that Andrew can't pay it and that means Brenda (aka The Queen) would be asked to help out. As the articles suggest, this can get political very easily if Brenda is using public money, directly or indirectly.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

I’m still stuck on how this is going ahead given she signed off on ever going after anyone when she was paid.

I don’t like that the Queen is having to witness this.
She must know that the entire institution ends once she dies - this, Charles as king, Harry & co and Andy are making sure of that
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Andy's lawyers pushing for the 'get out of jail' card...(my bolding)

Prince Andrew’s US judge asks Australia, Britain for help in case

New York: The US judge overseeing the lawsuit alleging Prince Andrew sexually assaulted a teenager decades ago asked British and Australian authorities for assistance questioning potential witnesses in those countries.

US District Court Lewis Kaplan in Manhattan on Tuesday AEDT asked legal authorities in Australia for help with material concerning the Andrew’s accuser Virginia Giuffre’s residency there. Andrew’s lawyers have cited that to argue that US courts don’t have jurisdiction over her claims.

The judge said Andrew and his lawyers would bear all costs of the Australia request, highlighting the financial burden the litigation is placing on Queen Elizabeth II’s second son.

A number of experts have said Andrew’s legal costs are likely to outstrip his estimated $US6.8 million personal fortune.

Kaplan also sent a formal request to a British court to facilitate Giuffre’s subpoena for the testimony of Shukri Walker, who has previously said in media interviews that she saw Andrew with a young girl at London’s Tramp Nightclub in 2001.

Giuffre is also seeking the testimony in Britain of Robert Olney, the Andrew’s former assistant, whose name was found in one of Epstein’s so-called black books. Giuffre argues that Olney is likely to have “relevant information” about the Andrew’s travel to and from Epstein’s various properties and his relationship with Epstein and Maxwell, who was convicted last month of sex-trafficking for her role procuring girls for Epstein.

Full: https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/ ... 59stk.html
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

^^^

and we know that Andrew hates paying for anything, even the final payment for his Swiss Chalet. He will be crying into his caviar watching all his money being syphoned away into the hands of lawyers. I hope the Queen ensures he is thoroughly broke before she pays anything.

There is an issue of solvency here. Every $ of legal costs means less $'s for a settlement. There could come a point when his assets are stripped and he throws his hands up and declares bankruptcy. Why not? No more lawyers, no more defending the case, and the plaintiff can have her default judgement - by virtue of a no more defence being offered and without any admission of liability - and she gets her award of $millions but cannot collect any of it. Her lawyers would be very miffed is they miss out on their big payday. They must being mindful of this. There is an old legal adage; don't sue a man of straw.

Any money Andrew received from the Queen over the years might actually be loans and not gifts. Any houses 'gifted' to him may not have being legally transferred. I doubt any private royal property is even registered. He might not legally/beneficially own a single property any more and the ones he did, like the Chalet, are all being liquidated. People assume it's to pay legal costs. It might be to repay his Mum the £Millions she lent him!

Try and prove otherwise...
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Queen- son, can't you use the profits you made from the sale of that nice estate I gifted you and Fergie on your wedding day?

Andy- oh mumsie, you know I'm a bit of a playboy...

The Sunninghill estate was given to Prince Andrew by the Queen as a wedding gift.

Andrew’s most lucrative known transaction remains one of the most controversial: the sale of Sunninghill Park, a 270-hectare estate near Windsor Castle given to him as a wedding present by the Queen.

The 12-bedroom complex sat on the market for five years following Andrew’s divorce. Then, in 2007, Timur Kulibayev, the son-in-law of Kazakhstan’s then-ruler, purchased the property for £15million, inexplicably paying about £3 million over the asking price, according to land registry figures.

Andrew defended the sale when it became public, telling the London Telegraph newspaper: “It’s not my business the second the price is paid. If that is the offer, I’m not going to look a gift horse in the mouth and suggest they have overpaid me.”

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:44 am Queen- son, can't you use the profits you made from the sale of that nice estate I gifted you and Fergie on your wedding day?

Andy- oh mumsie, you know I'm a bit of a playboy...

The Sunninghill estate was given to Prince Andrew by the Queen as a wedding gift.

Andrew’s most lucrative known transaction remains one of the most controversial: the sale of Sunninghill Park, a 270-hectare estate near Windsor Castle given to him as a wedding present by the Queen.

The 12-bedroom complex sat on the market for five years following Andrew’s divorce. Then, in 2007, Timur Kulibayev, the son-in-law of Kazakhstan’s then-ruler, purchased the property for £15million, inexplicably paying about £3 million over the asking price, according to land registry figures.

Andrew defended the sale when it became public, telling the London Telegraph newspaper: “It’s not my business the second the price is paid. If that is the offer, I’m not going to look a gift horse in the mouth and suggest they have overpaid me.”

That was a seriously dodgy deal.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic