Tested Positive on Arrival?

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Tested Positive on Arrival?

Post by xandreu »

anasko wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:21 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:38 am A tourists experience of testing positive prior to departing Cambodia in Siem Reap....
Wow that sounds even worse than Chak Angre. He should have just locked himself in his hotel room.
I can't quite work out the difference between this and an actual prison. At least if you're in prison you've had the opportunity to have committed a crime.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Raggepepsi57
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Raggepepsi57 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:32 pm Update reference opting to go to Kravan if POS on arrival....I have confirmed with Kravan Covid Care Centre that passengers who test positive on arrival can go straight to the Kravan Covid Care Centre, they are not required to go to the Govt Hospital/Quarantine facility first.

They need to liaise directly with Kravan via phone/WhatsApp and the MoH Doctor at the airport as soon as they are informed of the positive test result, Kravan will then arrange transportation.

"Patients" are then required to pay the expenses up front to Kravan, and IF their insurance covers the stay, claim back.
If you choose to go to Kravan after testing positive on arrival and have a Forte isurance, is it possible to use that to cover SOME of the cost at Kravan as they are approved by MoH as a hospital/treatment center?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@Raggepepsi57, highly unlikely based on the wording in the policy, but I'm not an insurance expert, contact them and ask, bit I reckon that'll be a negative
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:35 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:38 am A tourists experience of testing positive prior to departing Cambodia in Siem Reap....
Mindboggling. Have to suppose this person had no insurance or money for a real hospital, also with little knowledge of Cambodia and how things work here. I have a hard time seeing myself ending up in a place like that but yea, shit happens.
Perhaps you could give some advice for the rest of us on how to avoid ending up here should we test positive?
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

nerdlinger wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:22 am
Mindboggling. Have to suppose this person had no insurance or money for a real hospital, also with little knowledge of Cambodia and how things work here. I have a hard time seeing myself ending up in a place like that but yea, shit happens.
Perhaps you could give some advice for the rest of us on how to avoid ending up here should we test positive?
Have insurance. If nobody understands use your dollars to get to a place where somebody knows what's up ie a private hospital. Stay in control of the situation basically.

If you have some experience paying your way out of jail that's probably a positive.

Let's not forget how this whole "February 20th" incident started in the first place 😅
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

nerdlinger wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:22 am
I'd say avoid PCR tests in Cambodia as much as possible. If I'd fly back to Europe with my family 3 PCR tests would be taken, what would the odds be of one of us testing positive under current conditions? The consequences are simply too big. Basically blocking international travel.

If you can show insurance, maybe they will take you to a decent hospital if you test positive. But if you're asymptomatic I'm pretty sure the insurance will refuse to pay for a lengthy stay in an overpriced Cambodian hospital just to make you feel comfortable. So then you'd have to cough up the dosh yourself.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

ItWasntMe wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:43 am Have insurance. If nobody understands use your dollars to get to a place where somebody knows what's up ie a private hospital. Stay in control of the situation basically.
Insurance isn't going to pay for a hospital stay for an asymptomatic person. They will tell you to sit it out and report back when you've fallen really ill.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:04 am
ItWasntMe wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:43 am Have insurance. If nobody understands use your dollars to get to a place where somebody knows what's up ie a private hospital. Stay in control of the situation basically.
Insurance isn't going to pay for a hospital stay for an asymptomatic person. They will tell you to sit it out and report back when you've fallen really ill.
Never heard of insurance scam? ;) Let them give you a private room and a case of beer call it a day!

Where do the Okhnas go though? On a wooden bed in a concentration camp? Hard to believe there is no options.

No plans of finding out however
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

ItWasntMe wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:11 am
Kammekor wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:04 am
Never heard of insurance scam? ;) Let them give you a private room and a case of beer call it a day!

Where do the Okhnas go though? On a wooden bed in a concentration camp? Hard to believe there is no options.

No plans of finding out however
Where do the Okhnas go, I would not have thought like yourself that question would be answered. I would think also with the end of self-isolation at home, even with the best insurance policies to you and myself, the Okhnas would be even so better placed.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

He has insurance and the Insurance company have been trying to get him moved, but the MoH are not permitting it. He tested negative yesterday, needs to retest 2 days later and if that's negative he'll be released.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic