Whiskey drinkers

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Whiskey drinkers

Post by atst »

mannanman wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:10 pm
atst wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:37 am
Darkcel wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:44 pm How's the sweet peat?
Very nice it's on my to buy again list.
You drank it already?!
Certainly have, and the others, I'm in NZ so now idea if it's available in Cambodia,
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Tried a rum for a change very nice

What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Here in the province you can get Johnnie walker, chivas regal and ballintines,
Won't be buying chivas again they have that stupid plastic thing that never pours out properly

I did enjoy this tasted like a bourbon think $15 a bottle from memory so next time I'm in pp with stock up

chiltern
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by chiltern »

That stupid plastic thing is there to prevent counterfeiting, it stops refilling empty bottle's. So you can be sure of getting the real stuff.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Macfunn, the perfect drop for recovering from a hanging.

lol. I just heard aboot this one. i like the taste already.
https://jeffreyst.com/blogs/blog/tale-macphunn-whisky

....and a toast to Half-hung Harry
Uncle-V
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by Uncle-V »

chiltern wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:28 pm That stupid plastic thing is there to prevent counterfeiting, it stops refilling empty bottle's. So you can be sure of getting the real stuff.
RE: counterfeiting. Can I be confident that the bottle I buy at Smile Mart or Super Duper is the real thing?
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Uncle-V wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:02 pm
chiltern wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:28 pm That stupid plastic thing is there to prevent counterfeiting, it stops refilling empty bottle's. So you can be sure of getting the real stuff.
RE: counterfeiting. Can I be confident that the bottle I buy at Smile Mart or Super Duper is the real thing?
Probably!
I buy my premium whiskies at Che Deth (opp. Kandal Market) and Lucky Drink Shop (near Thai Huot on Monivong). Never had a problem. Cheers. Hic.
Shanghai bar used to use those suppliers. Don't know if they still do after the ownership changed.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Are you saying that counterfeiter don't have thier own platic thingy , I find that hard to believe.
Anyway I won't be buying any bottle I find with a plastic thingy twice. I'd prefer a fake corked bottle
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

atst wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:59 pm
Are you saying that counterfeiter don't have thier own platic thingy , I find that hard to believe.
Anyway I won't be buying any bottle I find with a plastic thingy twice. I'd prefer a fake corked bottle
I think he means the plastic insert makes it impossible to refill the genuine bottle with Cambodia's best quality hooch.
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic