Tested Positive on Arrival?

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Re: Tested Positive on Arrival?

Post by mannanman »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:50 am
Raggepepsi57 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:31 am Wonder how many westerners and other travellers/tourists that have tested positive at the airport and are kept at the "covid hospitals"? I guess that some of the imported cases maybe are cambodians returning home🤔
In the past few weeks there has been a shitload of Foreigners reporting testing positive on arrival, many of which were tourists who have only come here for a short holiday....not a great idea to risk travelling to Cambodia for a short holiday at the moment.
That either means covid is rife in their own country, they’re getting it in transit or whilst at the airport.
Either way it’s one step forwards two back.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

@PSD-Kiwi

What happens if you take a PCR test to leave Cambodia that shows up positive with Omicron? Do you still get arrested and spend a week in a prison? (At your own expense)
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:04 am @PSD-Kiwi

What happens if you take a PCR test to leave Cambodia that shows up positive with Omicron? Do you still get arrested and spend a week in a prison? (At your own expense)
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:04 am @PSD-Kiwi What happens if you take a PCR test to leave Cambodia that shows up positive with Omicron? Do you still get arrested and spend a week in a prison? (At your own expense)
Assessed on a case-by-case basis, the majority are permitted to self-quarantine at home if they have a suitable residence, if staying in a hotel then generally they are sent to CENAT. I was contacted by a bloke who tested POS on his pre-flight PCR test the other day, after he was contacted by the MOH, they then called the Hotel Management, the hotel then proceeded to kick them out immediately onto the street to wait for the ambulance.

EDIT: Sorry...I missed the Omicron part...self-quarantine for those who test positive for the Omicron variant is not permitted, all Omicron positive cases are sent to a dedicated hospital/quarantine facility, or they can opt for Kravan or Intercare/Olympia Medical Centre, not confirmed yet whether RPP is approved for Omicron cases.
anasko
Tourist
Ukraine

Post by anasko »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:25 am
anasko wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:07 am I tested positive on arrival last month spent 8 days at Chak Angre and they let me go after I tested negative twice
What was it like staying at Chak Angre?
Like the photos but shittier and too loud to sleep well
Timmy69
Expatriate

Post by Timmy69 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:15 pm
Doc67 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:04 am @PSD-Kiwi What happens if you take a PCR test to leave Cambodia that shows up positive with Omicron? Do you still get arrested and spend a week in a prison? (At your own expense)
Assessed on a case-by-case basis, the majority are permitted to self-quarantine at home if they have a suitable residence, if staying in a hotel then generally they are sent to CENAT. I was contacted by a bloke who tested POS on his pre-flight PCR test the other day, after he was contacted by the MOH, they then called the Hotel Management, the hotel then proceeded to kick them out immediately onto the street to wait for the ambulance.

EDIT: Sorry...I missed the Omicron part...self-quarantine for those who test positive for the Omicron variant is not permitted, all Omicron positive cases are sent to a dedicated hospital/quarantine facility, or they can opt for Kravan or Intercare/Olympia Medical Centre, not confirmed yet whether RPP is approved for Omicron cases.
What should someone do it they live in Cambodia are having COVID type symptoms and want to be treated and have insurance or cash to pay?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Timmy69 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:44 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:15 pm

What should someone do it they live in Cambodia are having COVID type symptoms and want to be treated and have insurance or cash to pay?
My understanding is that the following private hospitals are authorized by the govt to treat covid:

Central
Royal Phnom Penh
Kravan Covid Care Center
Visalsok Polyclinic
Chbar Ampov Polyclinic

I made a note of this from another thread but @PSD-Kiwi can confirm I think.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:10 pm Central
Royal Phnom Penh
Kravan Covid Care Center
Visalsok Polyclinic
Chbar Ampov Polyclinic
At this stage only Kravan Covid Care Centre and Intercare/Olympia Medical Centre are confirmed as approved for private hospitalisation/quarantine of those with Omicron variant, I am currently waiting further info from an MoH liaison.

(It's getting difficult to keep up with everything :facepalm: )
Last edited by PSD-Kiwi on Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Update reference opting to go to Kravan if POS on arrival....I have confirmed with Kravan Covid Care Centre that passengers who test positive on arrival can go straight to the Kravan Covid Care Centre, they are not required to go to the Govt Hospital/Quarantine facility first.

They need to liaise directly with Kravan via phone/WhatsApp and the MoH Doctor at the airport as soon as they are informed of the positive test result, Kravan will then arrange transportation.

"Patients" are then required to pay the expenses up front to Kravan, and IF their insurance covers the stay, claim back.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:29 pm
Clutch Cargo wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:10 pm Central
Royal Phnom Penh
Kravan Covid Care Center
Visalsok Polyclinic
Chbar Ampov Polyclinic
At this stage only Kravan Covid Care Centre and Intercare/Olympia Medical Centre are confirmed as approved for private hospitalisation/quarantine of those with Omicron variant, I am currently waiting further info from an MoH liaison.

(It's getting difficult to keep up with everything :facepalm: )
Thanks for that. Yeah it is getting confusing. The topic was about where to go if test POS on arrival and then went a bit off topic as to where should someone already here go for covid treatment.. And now there's the issue of whether you have Omicron or presumably Delta?

As far as I knew, these private hospitals were previously approved for general covid treatment:

Central
Royal Phnom Penh
Visalsok Polyclinic
Chbar Ampov Polyclinic

Now, with Omicron there's these:

Kravan Covid Care Centre
Intercare/Olympia Medical Centre
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic