Does Cootel internet box work in Kampot/Kep?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Does Cootel internet box work in Kampot/Kep?

Post by SlowJoe »

Just a quick FYI for anyone in Kampot, where I was there was a $15, $20 and $30 a month plan available, I went with the $20 and get 25/25 mbps upload/download. Same day install (I went at 9 am, by 4 I had the box installed.

Thanks also Kammekor for the tip on the phone card data, I do a lot of traveling so I'll just front load my phone at $8 a month and never worry about running out.

Plenty fast for what I'm doing and so far seems reliable (for the hour I've had it).
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

SlowJoe wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:49 pm Just a quick FYI for anyone in Kampot, where I was there was a $15, $20 and $30 a month plan available, I went with the $20 and get 25/25 mbps upload/download. Same day install (I went at 9 am, by 4 I had the box installed.

Thanks also Kammekor for the tip on the phone card data, I do a lot of traveling so I'll just front load my phone at $8 a month and never worry about running out.

Plenty fast for what I'm doing and so far seems reliable (for the hour I've had it).
May I ask which company that was in Kampot?
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

ItWasntMe wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:48 pm
SlowJoe wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:49 pm Just a quick FYI for anyone in Kampot, where I was there was a $15, $20 and $30 a month plan available, I went with the $20 and get 25/25 mbps upload/download. Same day install (I went at 9 am, by 4 I had the box installed.

Metfone,

And to add, it's been really good so far. Wifi box was also brand new so the Wifi has been superb (in comparison to Opennet I had in Phnom Penh).
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

SlowJoe wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:06 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:48 pm

Metfone,

And to add, it's been really good so far. Wifi box was also brand new so the Wifi has been superb (in comparison to Opennet I had in Phnom Penh).
Appreciate it, I'm with Smart and it's good but do not get those speeds and with many streaming devices in my household it does lag sometimes.

Shall upgrade indeed!
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

ItWasntMe wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:48 pm Appreciate it, I'm with Smart and it's good but do not get those speeds and with many streaming devices in my household it does lag sometimes.

Shall upgrade indeed!
Heads up, I don't do any streaming so I can't comment on how it works for that, I only use it for video calls and watching HD YouTube videos, but in terms of what I used to have (Opennet) it's at least three times better it feels.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic