Curiosity + Matches

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Curiosity + Matches

Post by IraHayes »

As I was having my morning coffee and reading the headlines of a couple of news sites on the balcony my son came up to me and said…

“Papa, there’s a fire”

My first question was “fire???”
To which he confirmed.. “yes, Papa, it’s burning”

So as I walked back into the apartment I was thinking electrical?, did I leave the gas on?, what could it be that’s on fire.

He leads me to my bedroom and in the middle of the floor (away from everything) is a small plastic waste paper bin nicely burning. He had tried to put some water on it but the plastic was still burning in a couple of places and it had resisted the water he had poured over the paper, which had been put out by the water.

We all remained rather calm and we got to the bottom of “how” it started quite quickly. Apparently he was playing with matches he had found and that I didn’t even know we had. I was like.. where the fck did you find these?? We had a good chat about the dangers of fire and how things could have gone if the fire had not been put out.

Anyway… disaster averted and a valuable lesson has been learnt by all present.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Curiosity + Matches

Post by General Mackevili »

Good on him for coming to get you and telling you. I think a lot of little kids would have probably ran out the door, watched the house burn down, and then ask, 'what happened, papa?'
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

We had a 4-5 year old over he was playing with the lighter, anyway later they went home and I noticed the lighter missing.
Khmers thinking
Me ring the parents and tell them I think the boy has a lighter.
Khmers don't worry they know he's naughty
Me. But what if he starts a fire
Khmers they just build another house
Me. But what if someone dies in the fire
Khmers. No they won't don't worry
Me. Funkin ring them now.
Khmers no they may be sleeping now
Me Funkin ring them now
Khmer. Okay
Lighter found fire averted
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

I wonder where the little lad picked up the idea of trying to burn the house down from ? :)
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

At least you didn't show us your bin full of used condoms, wonder what your son was trying to hide from us;
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

jaynewcastle wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:35 pm I wonder where the little lad picked up the idea of trying to burn the house down from ? :)
Clearly reads way too much CEO News. 8-)
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

jaynewcastle wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:35 pm I wonder where the little lad picked up the idea of trying to burn the house down from ? :)
IraHayes might want to think twice about stopping the lads pocket money in future😉
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic