Prince Andrew's painful Newsnight interview

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Prince Andrew's painful Newsnight interview

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:30 am yep;
Can the title be changed to " Former Prince Andrew..."
I reckon "The disgraced..." sounds better.

Not sure Prince is a term that can be stripped - it may be descriptive rather than honorific. (??)
But he is no longer HRH - a title he was born with. The biggest strip.

Still the Duke of York, and Vice Admiral of the Fleet tho'. So who knows - we might get lucky and see a bit more stripping yet.

A Royal stripping in the public square.
This is what the ordinary everyday English commoners live for, their only reason to hang on to their miserable downtrodden lives - but only get to see once in about every 500 years.
We have to properly celebrate and honour the occasion. i reckon
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I reckon Brenda's hand was forced on this one. The military brass are sick of him and now this case isn't going away any time soon his removal of the military roles is long overdue. I wonder if he will be dishonourably discharged? They might as well, the brass are never going to see him again and it will send a loud public message, and a very popular one.

However, for Andrew to lose his HRH is the ultimate FU in royal terms. That is entirely her decision and suggests she is also sick of him too. Maybe he's be telling her a pack of lies and has been exposed.

I am seriously thinking of becoming a republican when QE dies.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Has he lost it the HRH? Or is he simply not using* it for official engagements any longer? He may not be presented as HRH in any public engagement, but when addressed by those who would ordinarily address him, he may well still hold the title? I don’t know; I’m just asking.

The loss of the honourifics. The use of the word stripped is being thrown about quite liberally, probably especially by those who get a hard on for such things.
The image of the crown has been major concern for HM the Queen, and all of this strikes me as an element of that agenda. Yes, it’s likely come from her, and possibly with less pressure from aides, etc than we might assume.

Another horrible year on the back of a brief effort step out of the public eye and straight into the limelight by her grandson, his nephew.

Prince Andrew’s place is rather superfluous, now. There’s a clear line of succession, and all other players now set to be ‘also ran’, and to slip into relative obscurity.

The acceptance of relative obscurity is probably a pressure that he’s going to bear, now. And probably will. Fergie and he? Is that still a thing?

But all of this should be just coffee morning gossip column stuff. I really don’t get how this is anything more than fodder for a slow news day.

Even bird watchers seem to be having private pleasure moments with all of this.

*or allowed to…
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I wonder if he will be slung out of the R&A St. Andrews Golf Club? Now that would really hurt him as golf is one of the few things he is actually good at.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Freightdog wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:14 am Has he lost it the HRH? Or is he simply not using* it for official engagements any longer? He may not be presented as HRH in any public engagement, but when addressed by those who would ordinarily address him, he may well still hold the title? I don’t know; I’m just asking.

The loss of the honourifics. The use of the word stripped is being thrown about quite liberally, probably especially by those who get a hard on for such things.
The image of the crown has been major concern for HM the Queen, and all of this strikes me as an element of that agenda. Yes, it’s likely come from her, and possibly with less pressure from aides, etc than we might assume.

Another horrible year on the back of a brief effort step out of the public eye and straight into the limelight by her grandson, his nephew.

Prince Andrew’s place is rather superfluous, now. There’s a clear line of succession, and all other players now set to be ‘also ran’, and to slip into relative obscurity.

The acceptance of relative obscurity is probably a pressure that he’s going to bear, now. And probably will. Fergie and he? Is that still a thing?

But all of this should be just coffee morning gossip column stuff. I really don’t get how this is anything more than fodder for a slow news day.

*or allowed to…
I don’t think he’s done many official engagements in recent years, he’s been keeping a low profile, and not necessarily by choice, if it wasn’t for this scandal he’d be pretty anonymous.
I think this stripping of his honorifics is the Queen getting her affairs in order before she ‘goes the journey’. The Royal family will have a rough enough transition when Charles takes the throne, without Andrews shenanigans casting a shadow.
He’s liquidating his assets to settle this out of court, he’ll disappear into comfortable obscurity living on whatever cash he’s got left and an allowance from his mum, until he gets a nice little inheritance on her passing.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

The use of the word stripped is being thrown about quite liberally, probably especially by those who get a hard on for such things.
Indeed, it might be the equivalent in buddhist monk terms of being 'defrocked'.. :twisted:
ImageImage
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Freightdog wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:14 am Has he lost it the HRH? Or is he simply not using* it for official engagements any longer? He may not be presented as HRH in any public engagement, but when addressed by those who would ordinarily address him, he may well still hold the title? I don’t know; I’m just asking.

Sorry, You are right on the first point, Freight.
He has agreed not to use HRH, but it was not in fact taken away.
I read report where one of his friends said this would cut him the most - because he was born into both the title and the attitude. HRH is at the core of his identity, and now he cannot claim it, publicly at least.

Armed forces veterans in plea to Queen to strip Andrew of military roles
More than 150 ex-Royal Navy, RAF and Army personnel said the duke’s position was ‘untenable’.

This story has been widely reported in these very terms for days. Call these guys wankers with a hard-on too, if you want.

"Strip" is the precise technical term - and extremely expressive. It is the the most appropriate term to use both officially and descriptively.
Sorry if it makes you uncomfortable because it is so graphic - perhaps because it is being applied to a highest ranking member of the most august and "dignified" British Royal Family??
This will be almost blasphemy to some, sacrilege, defilement. Get used to it - his most honourable former military peers sure have.

Sorry, but i disagree that the stripping of these many honorifics - and the deliberate public humiliation from the Queen - to the 2nd in line to the British Crown for disgraceful conduct, is coffee morning gossip stuff.
Who do you think these people are? Cartoon characters on a biscuit tin, or one of the most powerful families in the western world?

"Even birdwatchers..."
Sounds like the classic Royalist's condescend thing, Freight. Nose up at 90 degrees?
Nothing to see here. gossip.

:beer3: anyway
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Succession to the British throne

Queen Elizabeth II is the sovereign, and her heir apparent is her eldest son, Charles, Prince of Wales. Next in line after him is Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, the Prince of Wales's elder son. Third in line is Prince George, the eldest child of the Duke of Cambridge, followed by his sister, Princess Charlotte, and his younger brother, Prince Louis. Sixth in line is Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, the younger son of the Prince of Wales.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Successio ... ish_throne
Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Ryan754326 »

xandreu wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:36 pm
people implying that having sex with a 17 year old makes you a sex predator not far off from a full blown paedophile.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic