Where is the best Thai restaurant in Cambodia

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Where is the best Thai restaurant in Cambodia

Post by AndyKK »

I think it can be safely said that none of us are here in Cambodia for any type of good food.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Chuck Borris wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:16 am Yosaya Thai food. Owners from Bangkok, they trained cooks to cook original Thai food, not sugary Cambodian version. Most expensive and watery Tom yum I had in Mama Thai.
Id second Yosaya, I like it there. Been many times and have never had a bad meal
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:49 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:52 am
Doc67 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:24 am
Where is the best Thai restaurant in Cambodia

I tell you where it is NOT. The one on Riverside next to Harry's. I think it's called Chiang Mai. The food is rubbish, no flavour and the meat looks like shredded roadkill.

The best Thai food I had was a small Thai 'cafe' in East London run by an old Thai couple. Food was lovely. As soon as I got to Thailand all I saw was tatty open air shacks with roaming dogs and mystery food in filthy conditions. I never ate anything that I would want again. It was a bitter disappointment.
sorry u never got to sample good , authentic thai food>
but did u really expect an open air, on the street sidewalk , cooking out of one wok restaurant to be the best??
there some exactly ones in Bangkok, ( my favorites are Bo Lan, Thanying, Steve Café & Supanniga X Roots to name a few) an even Phuket ( Baan Rim Pa & Kan Eang)
The next time I go I will seek recommendations, I haven't given up yet!
you defintely need a (food) guide. There are sooooo many delicious streetfood dishes out there, from humble papaya salad to soups, rice&curries, grilled/BBQ stuff. Sweets galore (ncluding the worlds best street pancakes). Finish with some fresh cut fruits fruit carts and an iced coffee with sweetmilk to kill the heat. No Thai Restaurant i visited in any part of the world was near that experience.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic