cooking gas cost?

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

cooking gas cost?

Post by wolfcreek »

How much are you paying for a full cooking gas bottle/cannister delivered to your home?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: cooking gas cost?

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Last refill I paid $13 for a 15kg bottle...not an exchange as I have my own good quality bottle, don't want it exchanged for a shitty, old rusted bottle. Always give the driver a couple bucks to pick it up from home and return it once refilled.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

For us, we bought a lot of bits, including a large double burner hob, and several pans, electric rice cooker (which I hate) and a small gas bottle (13kg, lasts about 4-5weeks). All in $150.

Refills of the gas run about $14?
we Remember
So Their sacrifice is never forgotten
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

Landlord charges me $17 for a (I think) 15kg bottle but he does the ordering, it includes delivery up a lot of stairs, and the longest it has taken from asking him to it being installed for me was less than an hour
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Landlord ordered for me (13.7kg) Daun Penh:

3/12/21 $17

23/8/21 $14

Same company (have receipts) bit surprised about increase but then that was about the time petrol/gas went up a lot I think.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Most definitely with the fuel price increase had effect on the LPG prices, $20 is the highest price I have ever paid for a 15kg bottle at this time.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

16$ last time (assuming 15kg), do not have my own bottle. I just let the store know and they come to my home and exchange it.
“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

I will have to dig out the last invoice but IIRC it was around $17 or $18 for a 15kg full bottle delivered and connected and they take away the old one. Always get pretty good condition canisters but the price has gone up from a low of $14 in Sept/Nov of last year.

Gasoline has also gone up significantly these last few months but tbh, like the gas, I tend not to pay too much attention to the details.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Interesting thing about the fuel price increase- I’m sure I saw a news article talking about reductions only a few weeks back.
we Remember
So Their sacrifice is never forgotten
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Freightdog wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:28 pm Interesting thing about the fuel price increase- I’m sure I saw a news article talking about reductions only a few weeks back.
There was for sure news articles about the fuel prices when there was a drop, telling people to fill up at the time, I don't know we're we are at now, also considering the small amount of money didn't make a big difference to my running costs.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic