Beautiful pool villa for sale in Kep

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Re: Beautiful pool villa for sale in Kep

Post by truffledog »

the land prices are ridiculous..you could get nicer land in many European countries for much less.
work is for people who cant find truffles
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:33 am In a country with a nice climate it would be a nice place to live. Sadly, Cambodia's climate is either hot, very hot or very hot and wet.

The house has high ceilings and is open plan. It will cost you a bomb to keep it cool, which will probably be impossible given it's openness. Or you can sit there in 30+ degree heat for 9 months of the year.
I lived there briefly, there was no issue with temperature. It's a very open building and well shaded. You have the mountains in front of you and a nice breeze.

There was a pool house as well for added shade while in the garden. Nice quiet ceiling fans evenly distributed that were all on count down timers so would not stand on all day even if you forgot to turn them off. Also AC in each bedroom which we used only at night.

I can't comment on the price but it was a really nice place :)
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

rubberbaron wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:59 pm
Doc67 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:33 am In a country with a nice climate it would be a nice place to live. Sadly, Cambodia's climate is either hot, very hot or very hot and wet.

The house has high ceilings and is open plan. It will cost you a bomb to keep it cool, which will probably be impossible given it's openness. Or you can sit there in 30+ degree heat for 9 months of the year.
Might I ask why you chose to live here. Your post doesn't sound like you are brimming with enthusiasm.
Sunshine every day was a novelty when I first arrived, now it's just boring. You need cool cloudy days to appreciate the sunny ones which I why I like the rainy season. But the incessant heat is taking it's toll, plus a few other things I cannot tolerate on a long term basis. That's why I am looking to move on, once Covid is over.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

You need cool cloudy days to appreciate the sunny ones which is why I like the rainy season.
Kep would suit you more than PP then Doc. :stir:
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

People say that but if they ever go home to a nice cold crisp day they realise why they left in the first place!
People of the world, spice up your life.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

mannanman wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:03 am People say that but if they ever go home to a nice cold crisp day they realise why they left in the first place!
Having just spent 5 months in NZ I'd agree with that.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:55 am
rubberbaron wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:59 pm

Might I ask why you chose to live here. Your post doesn't sound like you are brimming with enthusiasm.
Sunshine every day was a novelty when I first arrived, now it's just boring. You need cool cloudy days to appreciate the sunny ones which I why I like the rainy season. But the incessant heat is taking it's toll, plus a few other things I cannot tolerate on a long term basis. That's why I am looking to move on, once Covid is over.
Every year in the rainy season we have one or two periods with UK style weather. They usually last a week or so. Guess it's left overs from tropical storms from the Pacific.

Low ceilings, grey clouds, endless drizzling rain, temperatures dropping to low twenties (OK, not very UK-like). It starts as a relieve. The dust is washed out of the air, the air becomes fresher than ever.... But then.... Everything is wet, all's dripping, dust becomes mud, going out is difficult, mold becomes an issue. Sheer horror. You can't even burn your garbage which is a national pastime in the provinces at 5 PM (that's a plus for air quality though).

Next time we have one of those I will let you know so you can experience some of that weather and return on a sunny day in full appreciation.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Lovely property, location and house, if I had some spare money laying around I would snap that up
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Have stayed there, it's a beautiful place. Good luck with the sale.
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Sorry for not replying earlier to the post, didn't get notifications. The house posted here is sold now.
The thread I made on this forum about building was a different house I made next to it. That one was not on the market for sale but the buyer of the other house made me an offer I couldn't refuse so that one is sold now also
just noise, white noise
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic