Beautiful pool villa for sale in Kep

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Beautiful pool villa for sale in Kep

Post by whiteribbon »

🔥 For SALE - សម្រាប់​លក់ - Modern pool villa with beautiful garden in Kep 🇰🇭

⭐️ Stunning views
⭐️ Mature, maintenance free garden.
⭐️ 2000m², hard title
⭐️ Villa, 190m², 2/3 bathrooms, modern kitchen
⭐️ Staff house, garage, patio 80m²
⭐️ Pool 8,5 X 5M

👉 Fully furnished, ready to move in or rent out
👉 Quiet location in nature but close to everywhere in Kep
👉 $490.000 all in

❤️ Contact me if you love it and want to buy it. I have Line (ID=koenlondon) or WhatsApp (070381102). I have telephobia so won’t answer phone calls. Text only for viewings, thank you.

https://www.villakhun.com/en/1418108/gallery
just noise, white noise
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Re: Beautiful pool villa for sale in Kep

Post by truffledog »

location, location, location..the house itself is gorgeous.The price per sqm is about the same I would pay in Italy which makes me wonder.

work is for people who cant find truffles
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

In Cambodia, wealthy people use land as a store of value. That is why the price of land has been going up so strongly. So they made good money by simply sitting on houses or land. Unlike many other countries however there is little development of land into housing such as the above, especially outside of PP. No market for the end product.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

A very nice house indeed, great for renting out since both bedrooms are pretty much identical facing the pool on either side of the living area.

Was renting for like 150 a night I believe?
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

In a country with a nice climate it would be a nice place to live. Sadly, Cambodia's climate is either hot, very hot or very hot and wet.

The house has high ceilings and is open plan. It will cost you a bomb to keep it cool, which will probably be impossible given it's openness. Or you can sit there in 30+ degree heat for 9 months of the year.
offroadscholar
Expatriate
Australia

Post by offroadscholar »

IIRC, the build was well documented in a thread on this forum, or the other one.

What would it cost to buy a similarly located and sized piece of land in Kep now, and build the same house ?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:33 am In a country with a nice climate it would be a nice place to live. Sadly, Cambodia's climate is either hot, very hot or very hot and wet.

The house has high ceilings and is open plan. It will cost you a bomb to keep it cool, which will probably be impossible given it's openness. Or you can sit there in 30+ degree heat for 9 months of the year.
surprisingly kep is not that hot< sea breezes and the mtn nearby.
I dont have aircon and have not felt i needed it
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
offroadscholar
Expatriate
Australia

Post by offroadscholar »

offroadscholar wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:54 am IIRC, the build was well documented in a thread on this forum, or the other one.

What would it cost to buy a similarly located and sized piece of land in Kep now, and build the same house ?
I'll partly answer my own question
but house alone without garden, furniture, swimming pool, gates, ... probably in the region of 130k.
general-chatter/building-kep-t16408-190 ... la%20build
rubberbaron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by rubberbaron »

I am wondering why he is selling it so shortly after completion. Maybe he is just testing the waters to see who might be interested and find out the current market prices. The location is a little far from town in a village called Kao Krasang. A French guy built a borey called Park View Villas with Western-style villas on small lots in the area. Don't know whether they ever sold all the units. That one was way back along a winding small dirt road. They sold for $350,000 a couple of years ago.
Prices for land are steadily rising and is bought by wealthy Khmer sitting on it for later sale. There is no market for villas like this. Khmer want 2-story not bungalow-style houses and Westerners here usually don't have this kind of money.
I have a similar house with pool I built myself on 875 m2 almost 3 years ago. The house is 170m2, 3 BR/baths, 1 guest bathroom. staff house, utility house, garage, modern kitchen, open floorplan, screened in terrace Florida-style. Location not too far from Kep market 25 m in on paved road. The land was $140,000, a neighbor is asking $250,000 for the same size land. A friend bought 2 lots of 1500 m2 together farther inside on dirt road for $260,000, cleared it, built a nice wall around it, planted some mango trees, and put in some sod. They had an offer for $400,000 from a Khmer from PP 2 months later.
I would price my house at about the same as whiteribbon's, but have no illusion of selling it at that price in the near future, plus I wouldn't know where to go live anyway. It's hot in Cambodia but we know that. Power bills are very high not because of A/Cs which we don't use that much anyway except in March, April May but running the pool pump for 12 hours a day. Fans and open doors usually cool it enough.
Villas like this in a resort town in Italy or Spain are twice or three times that much.
rubberbaron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by rubberbaron »

offroadscholar wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:39 pm
offroadscholar wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:54 am IIRC, the build was well documented in a thread on this forum, or the other one.

I'll partly answer my own question
but house alone without garden, furniture, swimming pool, gates, ... probably in the region of 130k.
general-chatter/building-kep-t16408-190 ... la%20build
Not too far off, depending on materials used between $100K and $170K
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic