Flight- Istanbul - BKK - PP

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
nakonnick
Tourist

Flight- Istanbul - BKK - PP

Post by nakonnick »

Hello,

I have just joined and would like to know if anybody has done this

I live in Thailand but i work rotaion in Congo

I am double Vax, but thai rules now say anybody travlin from Africa must do 14 days Quarantine

I am looking at the option to fly Istanbul and transit thru BKK and fly onto PP ( there is a 2hr connection time)

Has anybody done this? how could i get my Bangkok Airways boarding card in BKK without going thru customes and checking in? i have no checked baggage

I have been to Cambodia one time before and enjoyed it, so i am actually looking fwd to it

Thank You
Nick
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Re: Flight- Istanbul - BKK - PP

Post by Khmu Nation »

From the heart of darkness to the heart of darkness.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

You need to have your flights on a single booking, see my comment in the link below...

topic36476-1970.html

Also be aware of the following restrictions on travellers with a travel history in Southern Africa...

nakonnick
Tourist

Post by nakonnick »

Thank You, so i am not on that 10 listed countries in Africa
So my question is still, how do i get my Bangkok Airways boarding card? if i dont clear customs in Bangkok? sombody must of done this already?
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

nakonnick wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:49 pm Thank You, so i am not on that 10 listed countries in Africa
So my question is still, how do i get my Bangkok Airways boarding card? if i dont clear customs in Bangkok? sombody must of done this already?
If your Ist-BKK-PP is on single ticket then you should get your boarding passes in Istanbul check in.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

As roger rabbit said, if booked on a single itinerary you should get all your boarding passes when you initially check-in, if not then you just go to the Bangkok Airways transfer desk during transit, which does not involve passing through Immigration, as a FIFO worker surely you've travelled enough to know how to find transfer desks.
Last edited by PSD-Kiwi on Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

rogerrabbit wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:58 pm
nakonnick wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:49 pm Thank You, so i am not on that 10 listed countries in Africa
If your Ist-BKK-PP is on single ticket then you should get your boarding passes in Istanbul check in.
Sometimes you have to go to the Bangkok Airways transfer desk which is on the 'airside' of the airport, so no need to pass through immigration.
Why isn't clear to me but I always had it all on one ticket but still had to go through their transfer desk at Bangkok airport.
nakonnick
Tourist

Post by nakonnick »

I appriciate the answers

I had already asked Turkish and they said they would not issue my boarding card with Bangkok Airways

and yes i am a frequent traveller and yes i know about transfer desks, however travling during Covid has become different in many ways, i just wnated all my ducks in a row before i travel and reached out if anyone had transfered thru airside in BKK with a 2hr connection with Bangkok Airways and managed to do so without any hassle
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

I flew a couple of years ago VLC-IST-BKK-PNH and in deed, i didnt get the last legs boarding card in VLC but i had to pick it up in BKK-transfer-desk, no need to go through immigration, just hurry a bit, because BKK is massive and it takes time to go to transferdesk and there might be a large cue with passengers ahving the same problem !! But normally 2 hours should be fine !!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

P.S. BKK airport is dead quiet, they are refurbishing all the shops n shit, still a few places open to.eat and shop, smoking still banned, no bars open but you can go to one of lounges that are open (most airlines lounges were closed).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic