Drunk Goes on Killing Spree in Kampong Thom

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Drunk Goes on Killing Spree in Kampong Thom

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Kampong Thom Province): Under the influence of alcohol, a man named Pol La beheaded his wife and a neighbor, at 7 pm on January 1, 2022 in Ponley village, Cheng Deung commune, Baray district, Kampong Thom province.
According to witnesses, the drunk man attacked his wife with an ax in the abdomen and then cut off her head. He then attacked a neighbor, 56-year-old Pech Hun, who came to help, and also beheaded him. There were three children present, who were also slightly wounded in the spree of violence, but their days are not in danger.
Police went to the scene and overpowered the killer before taking him into custody. He will be charged with double homicide.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Drunk Goes on Killing Spree in Kampong Thom

Post by hanno »

I just do not get used to the gratuitous violence in Cambodia. Sure, mass shootings are a common occurence elsewhere in the world but cutting off heads is on a whole different level.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

hanno wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:25 pm I just do not get used to the gratuitous violence in Cambodia. Sure, mass shootings are a common occurence elsewhere in the world but cutting off heads is on a whole different level.

That's true, but if that guy had a gun then he probably wouldn't have cut any heads off at all :stir:

R.I.P to the deceased; that sounds like a particularly horrid scene to witness
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

It’s not immediately clear whether they were already dead when they were beheaded, but that savagery to be witnessed by the children almost doesn't bear thinking about.

Alcohol only, or some other substances, too?
Kampong Thom seems to have a fair presence in the news.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Fuckin hell...
Another bunch of kids with a tremendous shake in their growing-up process, endless nightmares, endless needs, endless traumas...
When does it end ?

Oh sure there is a mention about alcohol, but something big is still missing to give the full picture.
Canadians too have plenty of axes and whiskeys.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Spare a thought for the poor cops who have the clean up job, how they go home and sleep is beyond me
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic