Happy New Year!!!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Happy New Year!!!

Post by Arget »

I never knew why this old sign is an inspiration to a New Years song. :facepalm:

hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Happy New Year all.

2021 was bad to the end: yesterday morning, half of my staff were sent into quarantaine (including the entire kitchen). The entertainment was cancelled but we still had full house for dinner. Managed to rustle up some freelance cooks and food was OK. The good thing was that the Western New Year is not a big thing here in Vietnam and all guests were gone by 22:30.

Basically, what I am trying to say is "Fcuk you 2021 and good riddance". And I fervently hope that there will be some light at the end of the tunnel this year. Seeing my daughter after two years would be a major highlight already.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Actually, it's a staged event. There is no "new" year. They just change the number and tell everyone that it's a "new" year even though it's the same old shit.

U2 wrote a song about it.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

hanno wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:36 am Seeing my daughter after two years would be a major highlight already.
Wow, no shit, 2 years without seing your own daughter ??

Ok, that's a lot. Don't know if i could take that. I did for 6 months, but 4x times that, fucking hell, gotta be strong.
Happy 2022 and hopefully for the best
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Happy New Year to all! 2021 flew by faster than any other year for me. Feels like I stumbled out of 2020, hit the ground, and as soon as I got back up, it's 2022, lol. Maybe I'm just getting old, because they say the perspective of time goes faster as you get older.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Ghostwriter wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:16 am
hanno wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:36 am Seeing my daughter after two years would be a major highlight already.

Ok, that's a lot. Don't know if i could take that. I did for 6 months, but 4x times that, fucking hell, gotta be strong.
Not so easy, especially as she is only 4 years old. BAsically missed half her life so far.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

hanno wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:48 am
Ghostwriter wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:16 am

Not so easy, especially as she is only 4 years old. BAsically missed half her life so far.
I understand some of your pain, Hanno- I was missing 10months straight with my lad, and the only good thing of 2021 was finally getting home.
Knowing that, my New Years wish would be that folks get back some (if not all) of what is most important to them, and have the strength and support to keep going while they wait.

Happy New Year!
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

General Mackevili wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:28 am Happy New Year to all! 2021 flew by faster than any other year for me. Feels like I stumbled out of 2020, hit the ground, and as soon as I got back up, it's 2022, lol. Maybe I'm just getting old, because they say the perspective of time goes faster as you get older.
That’s how it was for me too , went by so quick , if not for camera phone 🤳 i wouldn’t remember anything .
Was going to stop drinking and smoking ( medicine ) this year but the past couple days proves it not possible.
Hope 🤞🏽 Maybe try to slow down a bit and quit next year ..
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic