Buying rapid antigen tests

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Buying rapid antigen tests

Post by timmydownawell »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:48 pm one thing with the current stats and the fact they are misleading on how many people have had, have covid:
with the hme tests> if they test positive they sure as hell aren't going to tell anyone outside their home
and be willing to bet even positive and no symptoms or very slight ones, they will head off to work rather than have no income
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Retired Sailor
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Retired Sailor »

timmydownawell wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:43 pm
Retired Sailor wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:22 am :beer1:
timmydownawell wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:12 am Anyway of course it's (belatedly) occurred to me that my positive IgG test may just mean my vaccinations worked. I wish I knew for sure whether I'd had Covid, I've felt so generally crappy for months. If it just means my 2 x Sinovac and 1 x AZ were effective I guess that's good news at least.

Carry on.
I've had 2x AZ and 1x Sino, took antigen blood test yesterday, negative. Make of that what you will
Antigen test = do you have Covid now (nasal swab)
Antibody test = do you have antibodies from vaccinations or previous infection (blood test)

Did you take the right one?
Yeah blood anti body test sorry just misspoke with antigen.

This was the one in case any wondering, comes with pin pricker and sample collector/pippet.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Retired Sailor wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:57 am Yeah blood anti body test sorry just misspoke with antigen.

This was the one in case any wondering, comes with pin pricker and sample collector/pippet.
Ok so you only got the C (Control) line and no other? Could be a false negative. After three shots you really should have antibodies. I'd try again if I were you.
Retired Sailor
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Retired Sailor »

timmydownawell wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:24 pm
Retired Sailor wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:57 am Yeah blood anti body test sorry just misspoke with antigen.

Ok so you only got the C (Control) line and no other? Could be a false negative. After three shots you really should have antibodies. I'd try again if I were you.
I tried and my partner who has 2x sino did it also both just control lines. Only reason I did it was because my partner tested positive a month ago for it so I wanted to check if that had left antibodies behind in her.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

I saw somewhere on FB that Moderna boosters were available for $25 so if I was looking for a booster right now I'd probably go for that. But like most things you see on FB I can't find the post again. It might have been the Mekong Clinic on Sts 63/310 in BKK1 though.

If I'd had two shots and a booster and still didn't have antibodies I don't think I'd be complacent about it.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Retired Sailor wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:15 pm
timmydownawell wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:24 pm

I tried and my partner who has 2x sino did it also both just control lines. Only reason I did it was because my partner tested positive a month ago for it so I wanted to check if that had left antibodies behind in her.
Where did you buy those from?
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:34 am Where did you buy those from?
i bought both antibody and antigen tests from pharmacies on corner Sts 136/51. Antibody one was $4.50 from one pharmacy, and antigen was $3 from another. So I may have paid more than I should for the former. Both same brand as pictured.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

timmydownawell wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:45 am I saw somewhere on FB that Moderna boosters were available for $25
Just to correct this, it is Intercare Medical Centre at Olympia City, 7 Makara.

https://www.facebook.com/intercaremedicalcenter
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic