Eye test

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Eye test

Post by Gazzy »

Could someone recommended a reputable place for an eye test please. Getting headaches and I may need new glasses. Hard to trust some opticians.
Sheepdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Eye test

Post by Sheepdog »

Hey Gazzy,

I recently got some high prescription glasses from:

Seng Kong Optic

#48, 50. Street 61. Sangkat Psar Thmey I, Phnom Penh 12208
096 226 8222 https://g.co/kgs/FuDVxH

They know what they are doing, nice family run business and the price was reasonable.

Check em out.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

Sounds good. Thank you
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

A few months back Mrs Cargo was complaining of headaches and not seeing signs properly.

My forum research led me to Dr Do Seiha who is overseas trained. http://www.doseihaeyeclinic.com/

He has 2 clinics one on st 110 and another in Russey Keo (a bit past the Japanese bridge heading north). Anyway, I found out that he pretty much operates out of Russey Keo coz there's no car parking at the st110 clinic.

However, there are a couple of ophthalmologists at st 110 and I was quoted $15 for a consultation there.

Anyway, we went to the Russey Keo clinic with a view to seeing Dr Do Seiha. Unfortunately the day we went he was held up at an operation at the hospital. After waiting and when it looked like he would be delayed quite some time (plus a lot of people waiting), the staff suggested we see his assistant. So we did that. Found out Mrs Cargo is slightly short sighted.

Now they have a reasonable selection of frames in house there. We had a look and found a pair she liked and they made up the lens in 15 mins. Cost was $8 for consultation and $70 for glasses (I think they were UV coated or such like).
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

Thanks for the info.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

Sheepdog wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:22 am Hey Gazzy,

I recently got some high prescription glasses from:

Seng Kong Optic

#48, 50. Street 61. Sangkat Psar Thmey I, Phnom Penh 12208
096 226 8222 https://g.co/kgs/FuDVxH

They know what they are doing, nice family run business and the price was reasonable.

Check em out.
Went there and got good service. Thanks.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

I got a test at Grand Optics for 50c!
They were obviously hoping I’d buy glasses from them but at $300 just for lenses (1.74 ultra thin) I declined.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic