Europe locks down with Omicron

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Europe locks down with Omicron

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

nemo wrote:BBC radio is now reporting a 75% increase in hospitalizations in the past week.
They also mention that dtat for this previous week will be flawed due to poor reporting during the holidays.
Media is full of shit, I was looking at all the stats yesterday,
cases are sky high, up 30.5% and the highest they have ever been during the whole pandemic,
yet hospital cases are only up 8.2% but still less people currently in hospital than there was in September and November (so technically hospitalisations are still down)
and deaths are actually down 5.6% and less than in September and November, currently figures show only 1 in 100,000 cases resulting in death which is a death rate of 0.001%
so since cases are still sky high hospital admissions and deaths are down, thats why England isn’t enforcing more restrictions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

I mean there is usually a delay in deaths from when cases spike as it can take a few weeks of fighting the virus for people to pass, but until there is an obvious need for serious measures I don’t think boris n co dare try enforce any more lockdowns, hes lost total respect and faith of the people

mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:10 pm I mean there is usually a delay in deaths from when cases spike as it can take a few weeks of fighting the virus for people to pass, but until there is an obvious need for serious measures I don’t think boris n co dare try enforce any more lockdowns, hes lost total respect and faith of the people

Would anyone else in his position have/could do things better?
I doubt it.

Most parties in all countries have suffered. Rock and a hard place.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

mannanman wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:10 pm I mean there is usually a delay in deaths from when cases spike as it can take a few weeks of fighting the virus for people to pass, but until there is an obvious need for serious measures I don’t think boris n co dare try enforce any more lockdowns, hes lost total respect and faith of the people

I doubt it.

Were not talking about his covid policies, were talking about his secret “business meetings” during both strict lockdowns which were in fact just casual social piss ups with party members, this was during a time when family members couldn’t even attend their loved ones funerals due to the strict government measures yet boris and co were fine having big social gatherings drinking wine and food

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Finally, there is a "expert" that admits than Omicron is not severe but the whole report is still littered with doom and gloom. They just can't help themselves. (See The Guardian article below).

The biggest problem is the huge number of NHS off work for Covid, either testing positive or throwing sickies. I suspect very few are actually sick, just infected with Omicron as everyone is going to be within a month or two.

Here are some numbers:

Total Omicron officially diagnosed at 24 December.... 159,932 cases (you can probably add a nought to that for total infections).

Total Omicron positive in hospital on 24 December 366. They are not all admitted because of Omicron, many are in for other reasons and have tested positive. They are incidental findings.

Total deaths 29. Again, none are stated as being because of Omicron, they just died within 28 days of a positive Omicron finding. This has always been the measure of Covid deaths.

As of 27 December these numbers are 407 and 36 respectively. There is not one case that the experts have stated, "they died entirely of Omicron". If they could, they would have, but they haven't.

What might start killing people is hospitals devoid of staff who are asymptomatic but still showing as positive, but that will never get admitted. You will never see this on a death certificate: Cause of Death - lack of NHS staff. (But no doubt the Guardian will say: Cause of Death - Boris Johnson)

Asymptomatic staff may have to be ordered into work. That will test out Sajid Javid's mettle.

I know this guy isn't everyone's cup of tea, but for a quick 20 min round up of the latest data and the sources, and none of the hyperbole of the MSM, this is a good snapshot of what's going on.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... -scientist
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Yeah by law now people can take up to 28 days off “sick” before even having to produce a doctors note, its to ease work at GPs etc
(Search about “fit notes” on government website)

mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:14 pm
mannanman wrote:

I doubt it.

Were not talking about his covid policies, were talking about his secret “business meetings” during both strict lockdowns which were in fact just casual social piss ups with party members, this was during a time when family members couldn’t even attend their loved ones funerals due to the strict government measures yet boris and co were fine having big social gatherings drinking wine and food

Politicians have their own rules, didn’t you know that?!
Labour, Tory, LibDem’s whatever. They’re all the same corrupt, back stabbing selfish liars.

And besides. Plenty of the population were also flouting rules. Not much outrage there.
People of the world, spice up your life.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

armchairlawyer wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:46 am
Ha, yes. The government has to waste money sending jabbing teams into rural areas because they are scared of being called racist for targetting ethnic areas.
That or there’s no point sending a mobile vaccination unit to a neighbourhood that already has plenty of pharmacies.

You lot really are desperate to make everything be about how oppressed you are by the evil forces of multiculturalism.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:05 pm
nemo wrote:BBC radio is now reporting a 75% increase in hospitalizations in the past week.
They also mention that dtat for this previous week will be flawed due to poor reporting during the holidays.
Media is full of shit, I was looking at all the stats yesterday,
cases are sky high, up 30.5% and the highest they have ever been during the whole pandemic,
yet hospital cases are only up 8.2%
Click through from the summary page and read those stats more carefully. As of today (29th) the stats from the site you quote still only have hospital admissions going up to Dec 20th. 75% over Xmas sounds perfectly plausible.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

nerdlinger wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:10 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:46 am
Ha, yes. The government has to waste money sending jabbing teams into rural areas because they are scared of being called racist for targetting ethnic areas.
That or there’s no point sending a mobile vaccination unit to a neighbourhood that already has plenty of pharmacies.

You lot really are desperate to make everything be about how oppressed you are by the evil forces of multiculturalism.
There's no point in sending door to door teams of vaccinators into areas where nearly everyone is vaccinated. But there is a good reason to do so where there are many pharmacies because so many of the local people didn't go to them to get vaccinated, for whatever reason. It's not complicated.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic