License Plate Theft Spree in Choam Chao Borey

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

License Plate Theft Spree in Choam Chao Borey

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On the morning of 23 December 2021, seven car owners living in Borey DR Residence in Prey Chisak village, Choam Chao II, Por Sen Chey, woke up to find that both the front and rear license plates of their cars had been stolen.
The 7 vehicles that were targeted in the license plate theft were a Lexus 4701, a Lexus 330, 3 Toyota Prius, a Toyota Tacoma and an unknown car.

According to the victims, their cars were parked in front of their house every night in Borey DR Residence, but they woke up that morning to find both front and rear number plates completely removed without a trace. They believe the thieves may have stolen their license plates to sell them on to dealers who sell duty-free cars or people who drive duty-free cars.

The victim car owners have filed complaints to the Chaom Chao II Administrative Police Station for resolution to the current incident, but the victims expressed little hope, since they have previously experienced many thefts like these where authorities were unable to recover their stolen items.
ImageImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: License Plate Theft Spree in Choam Chao Borey

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): Two suspects have been arrested for stealing car license plates, and another was arrested buying stolen goods, at 2 pm, December 25, 2021, in the village of Choam Chao, in Phnom Penh.
The police informed that after receiving information from the citizens that there was a case of missing the license plate on the morning of December 23, the Chief Minister of the Police of Pursenchey district led his forces to check security cameras at the houses of the people who were victims of license plate theft. Two thieves were identified, and police also arrested the buyer behind the operation.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

This must be part of the crime explosion I heard about from a guy in England.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Check out the feet on the perpetrators, all three have similar features, specifically, very short big toes.
I’m no Criminologist, but that’s clearly an indicator of a person having criminal tendencies.
Perhaps all Khmers with similar feet should be rounded up and jailed?
I’d propose a ‘Cinderella’ style sting operation, with the cops offering a case of Gansberg to whoever’s foot fits a glass slipper, a glass slipper that would enable them to easily identify anyone with ‘Tealeaf Toes’ (cunning eh?) and it’s off to the Monkey House they go.
That should bring an end to the (imagined?) crime explosion and making Cambodia safe enough for Sirhaden to actually visit.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Shameful.
I never expected that from you, Chad
That's the worst case of lack toes intolerance i have ever seen in a man.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

Chad Sexington wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:52 am Check out the feet on the perpetrators, all three have similar features, specifically, very short big toes.
I’m no Criminologist, but that’s clearly an indicator of a person having criminal tendencies.
I’d propose a ‘Cinderella’ style sting operation, with the cops offering a case of Gansberg to whoever’s foot fits a glass slipper, a glass slipper that would enable them to easily identify anyone with ‘Tealeaf Toes’ (cunning eh?) and it’s off to the Monkey House they go.
That should bring an end to the (imagined?) crime explosion and making Cambodia safe enough for Sirhaden to actually visit.
We are glad you are not a sexologist using that evidence to put a label on people.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Cam.O'Dear wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:09 am
Chad Sexington wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:52 am Check out the feet on the perpetrators, all three have similar features, specifically, very short big toes.
We are glad you are not a sexologist using that evidence to put a label on people.
Is that the royal “we” or are you speaking on behalf of others? 😉
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic