short term service apartment

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
MG3
Expatriate

short term service apartment

Post by MG3 »

Longtime lurker here. Just got my Cambodia visa (an ordeal) and will be coming on a business trip next month staying in Phnom Penh for 2.5 months.

What is the best option for booking a serviced apartment? Thailand has many serviced aparthotels that can be booked easily online but I don’t see many for Cambodia.

I have seen advice here to just show up and go around in a tuk tuk looking for apartments but I may not have a lot of time to do that after arrive and will landlords even rent a regular apartment for just 2.5 months???

What is my best option for getting something suitable quickly, centrally located, up to about $1200 a month?

Thanks!

MG3
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Re: short term service apartment

Post by Bongmab69 »

I BOOKED mine at [email protected]. Didnt go yet, will there be from 24th. One of my friends stay there for years, and visited him last week, was happy surprised, about the quality, security and price, here the details, its on 144 street, 4 blocks away from riverside !! Prices are at this moment, could always change, only booked for 1 month:

Good morning,
We have one bedroom available for price one month 650$ per month at the back side and 700$ per month at the front side.
-and two bedrooms with two bathrooms with price one month 830$ and 850$ per month.
Our service charge:
-Electricity Rate : 0.25$/kwh
-Drinking Water : 2$ per drinking bottle (20L)

Our Free Services included :
- Cleaning two times per week
- Free Usage Water
- Internet access 5Mb
- Elevator access
- Parking Space
- Hot and cold water
- 24h security
- Free Parking Space
- Free Washing Machine
- Kitchenware.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Have you tried AirBnb?
There are not so many dedicated serviced apartments in PP, Season Residence looks OK from the outside and the location is also OK.
There is a tall block on 110 between 5 and 13 that has a garage on the ground floor. Their apartments are good. Maybe not normally shorter term but right now they would. Similar to Season, a bit dated but good quality.
Then there is Tao Residence on 144 near Riverside. Or Lux on 136.
Then there are about one million empty condo units dotted around the city (except the central area).
No good approaching any agents because they need a minimum 6 month rental to earn their commission, and in any case they usually only offer the overpriced stuff.
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

Have you considered directly approaching a well located hotel of interest to you?
Many hotels will offer an exceptional rate for a long term stayer of a month or more.
And you get all of the benefits of a full-service hotel to pick and chose from or to ignore as takes your fancy.
Right now, good hotels are very interested in folk such as yourself as you provide a "base load" income to them while business is slowly recovering.

OML
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

Was at a small rooftop party at this place at the weekend, the guy whose party it was and another guy staying there were very happy with it: https://www.labelleresidence.com/ The location is away from normal Barang areas but that does mean it's quiet at night
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

No idea if this will work - but you can filter serviced apartments on Agoda easy enough if my filtering wasn't applied:

https://www.agoda.com/search?city=4816& ... lAccom=120
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
MG3
Expatriate

Post by MG3 »

Thanks guys. I’d prefer an apartment with kitchen to a hotel. I’ll follow up on your recommendations. I’m surprised no agents will want to talk for a 2.5 month rental at over $1000 a month, even if it’s just a couple hundred bucks commission that seems like it would be worth it for 1-2 days of showing me around.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Google Maps > Search > Serviced Apartments > Check rates that show up automatically on the map > Use rates to evaluate the typical standard to expect > Approach directly to negotiate.

That's what we did anyway. Seemed to work out fine.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic