Famous Cambodian TV Host, VJ Ta Bui, Busted for Drunk Accident and Escape Attempt

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Famous Cambodian TV Host, VJ Ta Bui, Busted for Drunk Accident and Escape Attempt

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Khmer news journalists are shocked at the drunken behavior of a Cambodian ex-TV star.

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh) On 14 December 2021, a former well-known host of MY TV, VJ Ta Bui, was involved in an accident in Srah Chak, Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, at 1am, when he drove a Range Rover at high speed carelessly after getting drunk. He hit the back of a Toyota Prius, so the driver chased Mr. Ta Bui until they both came to a full stop at the BKC traffic light, where the TV host tried to escape from the scene and his responsibility, but was in the end subdued by law enforcement officers.

The owner of the Toyota Prius said that he was about to stop at a traffic light when a white Range Rover driven by a man, Ta Bui, crashed into the back of his car, damaging the rear. He immediately came out of the car to confront Ta Bui and also took pictures of the accident as evidence with his phone. Suddenly, Mr. Ta Bui drove away from the scene to escape, and the victim chased Mr. Ta Bui until they reached a point at the Russian Federation Road. Mr. Ta Bui was in a state of being so drunk to the point where he was staggering, and he had difficulty standing upright, according to witnesses.

Shortly afterward, the police intervened but Mr. Ta Bui, who was very drunk, tried to leave the scene again. In the end, the police took away the two cars and stored them for later resolution as Mr. Ta Bui was too drunk.

VJ Tabui, a well-known former host of MY TV, is a world renowned artist who should not be so irresponsible. Drinking alcohol from time to time is normal and won't cause discussion amongst people. However, if one causes a traffic accident after, why not agree to settle with the other party injured, but instead try to escape and have them chase after you? Are you not ashamed?
KBN welcomes further opinions from the public regarding this incident.

ImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Famous Cambodian TV Host, VJ Ta Bui, Busted for Drunk Accident and Escape Attempt

Post by ofparadise »

No arrest for drunk driving?
VJ Tabui, a well-known former host of MY TV, is a world renowned artist who should not be so irresponsible. Drinking alcohol from time to time is normal and won't cause discussion amongst people. However, if one causes a traffic accident after, why not agree to settle with the other party injured, but instead try to escape and have them chase after you? Are you not ashamed?
wth... :facepalm:

Drunk driving is criminal and negligent. He should be arrested. What if he had ran over someone? Does it take an accident to warrant an arrest?

Let me take a wild guess... he paid someone off.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Re: Famous Cambodian TV Host, VJ Ta Bui, Busted for Drunk Accident and Escape Attempt

Post by Gazzy »

World renowned artist🤣🤣🤣
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On 15 December 2021, the owner of the Prius car yesterday filed a complaint to the Phnom Penh Municipal Court demanding an increase in compensation from Mr. VJ Tabui. He is now asking for USD100,000, but he has confirmed that the compensation (if awarded) will be donated to Kantha Bopha Hospital.

In fact, the owner of the car posted in his Facebook account that: "The public has suggested that if I was taken to the same hospital for mental illness I should demand for a little more compensation. I would like to publicly announce that I have changed my claim for damages from USD20,000 to USD100,000! Please, (public) do not worry, I will stop negotiating and let the law do this work. I just want your encouragement."

To recall, this claim arose from the accident caused by the well-known TV host, Mr. Tabui, who got drunk and smashed his car into the victim's Toyota Prius, before attempting to escape, which caused a stir on Facebook.
Seeing that some people were arguing on social media until yesterday, Mr. Tabui also made a live video of his reaction towards the claim of the victim. He stated that he finds it unacceptable that the cost of repairing the victim's car was more than USD2,500, while the cost to repair his Range Rover was only somewhere around USD2,000.

ImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Gazzy wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:14 am World renowned artist🤣🤣🤣
Well yeah, i just happen to read his name, and i am sitting in another country, so...
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Road Rage Argument Escalates Over Refusal to Pay $500
Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh), 21 December 2021: The owner of Prius car has filed a complaint to the Phnom Penh Municipal Court, accusing Mr. Khi Hong alias Ta Bui for 3 crimes and demanding $ 100,000 in compensation to support Kantha Bopha Hospital after Ta Bui refused to repay him repair costs of more than $ 2,000, when he presented him with a car repair bill for $2,500.

According to the complaint of Mr. Huy Maing, the lawyer representing the victim, the victim decided to file a lawsuit against Mr. Khi Hong for three grounds:1) Driving causing harm to others; 2) Driving under the influence of alcohol; and 3) Defamation.

The case has escalated into a series of lawsuits, beginning from a traffic accident that occurred on 14 December 2021, in which Mr. Khi Hong drove his white Range Rover in a drunken state and crashed into the back of a white Prius (license plate Phnom Penh 2AH-7048) on Russian Federation Boulevard in Srah Chak, Daun Penh, Phnom Penh.
After an argument, the two sides reached an agreement where the drunken Mr. Khi Hong promised to pay for repairs to the victim's car. However, when the victim showed the $ 2,500 car repair bill to Mr. Khi Hong, he refused to take responsibility, citing the repair costs as overpriced, and he posted a video on Facebook accusing the victim of trying to take advantage of the situation. The dispute escalated then to mediation (which failed), and is now before the court.

In the victim's complaint, it was claimed that Mr Khi Hong chased after him while blaring his horn and turning on high lights. He circled the victim's car, screaming death threats at him through his car window for no apparent reason.

The victim then tried to escape from Mr. Khi Hong, but could not seem to do so. He then decided to stop the car and ran away, fearing for his life. Mr. Khi Hong then drove his car to hit the victim's car from behind in a rage, he then opened his window again and shouted more insults and threatened to kill the victim .

The complaint continued saying that after that moment of threatening, Mr. Khi Hong drove away from the scene, and the victim chased after the car to stop him. They finally ended near the Royal Railways fence along the Russian Federation Boulevard. Mr. Khi Hong got out of his the car then in a drunken state, soft hands, soft feet, not knowing right from wrong.

The accuracy of the incident described in the victim's complaint is yet to be seen and will depend on the research of the authorities and Mr. Khi Hong's explaination of the incident before court.
ImageImage

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic