BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Post by OrangeDragon »

I still find it very odd, given the domain of your IP, that it even challenges you at all. I'll toss that in the httpd when i get a moment, already have it set as a CNAME record so google doesn't care about it but I can see how that's an inconvenience for users.

Equally curious that you answering the challenge doesn't solve it for the secondary load objects as once it's been answered its supposed to remain answered for that person for a period of time, which I currently have set to 1 hour.
BOFH
Expatriate

Post by BOFH »

OrangeDragon wrote:Equally curious that you answering the challenge doesn't solve it for the secondary load objects as once it's been answered its supposed to remain answered for that person for a period of time, which I currently have set to 1 hour.
My ISP reassigns my exit IP every now and then, I think their configuration is just crappy. It's pretty interesting because sometimes I'll have three different ipnums for three different protocols - simultaneously! That could be it.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

BOFH wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:Equally curious that you answering the challenge doesn't solve it for the secondary load objects as once it's been answered its supposed to remain answered for that person for a period of time, which I currently have set to 1 hour.
My ISP reassigns my exit IP every now and then, I think their configuration is just crappy. It's pretty interesting because sometimes I'll have three different ipnums for three different protocols - simultaneously! That could be it.
Holy shit!

F-n Cambo ISPs... yours especially. Had them myself a cpl of times and crappy doesn't even begin to cover my feelings on them.

Rewrite rule is now in place.
BOFH
Expatriate

Post by BOFH »

OrangeDragon wrote:Holy shit!

F-n Cambo ISPs... yours especially. Had them myself a cpl of times and crappy doesn't even begin to cover my feelings on them.

Rewrite rule is now in place.
Word. It was annoying as hell to find an SSH client config that wouldn't drop me like a fly way-too-often when using them. Use ServerAliveInterval if you ever encounter the same issue, 60 works for me.

I've had to lecture them a couple of times why their equipment needs to timeout on their end before their Radius session page will show my downtime accurately. My connection was flapping like every 20m and their NOC staff personally phoned me up all like "what do you mean, your session is alive for 1w". I said oh yeah, try pinging me. He goes "ohhhh". I went "duhhhh". Apparently their support only looks if your Radius session is assigned - on their end. Not if packets are actually coming in and out. And they never stop asking me if I have a friggin masters degree!

And don't get me started on the ISP that we use in the office. Everytime I ran a portscan (against my own infrastructure) they would automatically firewall my entire connection(!!!). Took a while to figure that one out, took even longer to convince them that I was not hacking myself and that unless they have a better solution for quickly verifying fw rules in bulk then let me have my scans. About a month or so later they agreed to let me run my nmaps as an exception to their "policy"... Morons.

Thanks for the rewrite!
Francis
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Francis »

I'm permanently receiving this error message:

"Error 520 Ray ID: 1a0ccea84e29022c
Web server is returning an unknown error"
Und der Haifisch der hat Tränen
Und die laufen vom Gesicht
Doch der Haifisch lebt im Wasser
So die Tränen sieht man nicht

In der Tiefe ist es einsam
Und so manche Träne fliesst
Und so kommt es dass das Wasser
In den Meeren salzig ist
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Me to.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Many others getting locked out of the site? This recent period lasted a few hours.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Was locked/logged out most of the day :cry: Or I'd log in and find myself logged out with error message.Went to look at the other place where they were carrying on as usual.
So whatzup ??
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

The Dragon is looking into it. I couldn't get in either.

I couldn't explain the problem if I tried, so we'll have to wait for the Dragon.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

See the Surge thread in general chatter...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic