Neither
No votes

Total votes: 19
mossie
Expatriate
Finland

Aba Online Banking

Post by mossie »

Personally I was using "internet banking" option before it was ended.
What is your choice?
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Aba Online Banking

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Mobile is so much more convenient. I only use online for banks in my home country.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Can't say I miss internet banking. Even abroad, I can do everything I need with the mobile app.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I would prefer they brought back internet banking as I spend a lot of time outside of the country...lose/damage the phone & SIM registered to accounts, unable to access mobile app, not cool, internet banking was a safety net.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Nowadays I only use mobile apps on a daily basis, as it's so much more convenient. That applies to all countries im banking in, including Cambodia.

That being said, I strongly dislike ABA's move and hope that other banks won't follow suit (but suspect some will, eventually). That's because I like to have internet banking as a fallback. Mobile phones can and do break, go missing, etc.

So my vote goes to BOTH.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Alex wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:20 am Nowadays I only use mobile apps on a daily basis, as it's so much more convenient. That applies to all countries im banking in, including Cambodia.

That being said, I strongly dislike ABA's move and hope that other banks won't follow suit (but suspect some will, eventually). That's because I like to have internet banking as a fallback. Mobile phones can and do break, go missing, etc.

So my vote goes to BOTH.
My European bank forced me into double authentication last year, I now have to log in for internet banking using name plus password and then confirm through the app. App can also be used for mobile payments.

All fine, until the app stopped working yesterday and millions couldn't access their bank accounts (including me) and thousands couldn't pay for their stuff in shops.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:26 pm I would prefer they brought back internet banking as I spend a lot of time outside of the country...lose/damage the phone & SIM registered to accounts, unable to access mobile app, not cool, internet banking was a safety net.
I met a man from Sweden who claimed his company developed the ABA app. Maybe he was a bullshit artist but if so a very convincing one and a very weird thing to BS about.

To cut a long story short, I told him that I was very concerned of losing my phone when travelling. He claimed that you can have the ABA app running on two phones at the same time. I have not checked this out but intend to do so before I go on my travels.

Have you asked ABA about a second device being registered? If not it might be worth a try.

If you find out before me, please report back.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@Doc67 yes, you can have it installed on 2 devices. I have it installed on a 2nd device back home for worse case scenario so that my wife can access it on my behalf if I am unable too.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Doc67 wrote:
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:26 pm I would prefer they brought back internet banking as I spend a lot of time outside of the country...lose/damage the phone & SIM registered to accounts, unable to access mobile app, not cool, internet banking was a safety net.
I met a man from Sweden who claimed his company developed the ABA app. Maybe he was a bullshit artist but if so a very convincing one and a very weird thing to BS about.

To cut a long story short, I told him that I was very concerned of losing my phone when travelling. He claimed that you can have the ABA app running on two phones at the same time. I have not checked this out but intend to do so before I go on my travels.

Have you asked ABA about a second device being registered? If not it might be worth a try.

If you find out before me, please report back.
I've met two different people (none Swedish) who claimed the same...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
RorschachRev
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by RorschachRev »

You can also install an emulator like Nox into laptop, and then install your critical phone apps into the emultator. It takes up a fair amount of disk, but provides a massive safety net in case of loss, SIM issues, intl roaming issues, etc.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic