You can actually order McDonald's from Thailand delivered to Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: You can actually order McDonald's from Thailand delivered to Cambodia

Post by Ghostwriter »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:29 pm
Spigzy wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:11 pm
atst wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:06 am First time reading this thread so funny we're all riding around on japanese bike's , or have some forgotten that war.
Ironically, mine is American. Made in Japan. :D
The war was quickly forgotten. It's amazing how this Japanese song was no. 1 in the US less than 20 years after WWII.

AH ! I knew i heard that melody somewhere else

at 3.47
https://www.ft.com/content/2aa03102-f46 ... 4e55513608
" The best known English lyrics were written by Californian disco duo A Taste of Honey, who turned it into a break-up ballad in 1980. The duo’s singer Janice-Marie Johnson was heartbroken herself when she recorded it and credits “Sukiyaki” with “teaching me you can’t cry and sing at the same time”.

It was A Taste of Honey’s version that infiltrated early hip-hop, sung by London-born Slick Rick (on 1985’s dexterous, misogynist “La Di Da Di”) and Snoop Dogg on his 1993 tribute “Lodi Dodi”.

Anyway, quite a lullaby with a soothing melody, while the whole country was actually rolling their sleeves up for the greatest industrial remontada ever seen...
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Ghostwriter wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:22 am A Taste of Honey

I knew Shelagh back in the 90s.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:27 am I knew Shelagh back in the 90s.
Didin't heard about her until 2 mn ago. A very progressive women in her time, from what i could read.
Not too suprised, coming from England.

I can't get past Morissey's voice to explore The Mission lyrics though, hated it since the first hearing decades ago.

Louder than bombs-wise, those voices suit me better

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic