Whatzup - Breaking Cambodia Covid News on Outbreaks and Lockdowns

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Whatzup - Breaking Cambodia Covid News on Outbreaks and Lockdowns - NB News Items Only (no general discussion)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The official number of new Covid-19 infections in Cambodia remains low.

COVID-19: 25 New Infections, 19 New Recoveries, 3 New Deaths
AKP Phnom Penh, December 04, 2021 --
Cambodia reported 25 new cases of COVID-19 this morning, bringing the tally to 120,232, according to a press release of the Ministry of Health.

These are PCR test results, pointed out the ministry, adding that 4 of them were imported and the rest were linked to the Feb. 20 community outbreak.

Besides, there were 21 more patients have successfully been cured, but 3 new deaths (1 of them has not been vaccinated); the total recovered and death cases in the Kingdom rose to 116,588 and 2,956, respectively.
- AKP
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Whatzup - Breaking Cambodia Covid News on Outbreaks and Lockdowns - NB News Items Only (no general discussion)

Post by Kammekor »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:12 pm but 3 new deaths (1 of them has not been vaccinated); the total recovered and death cases in the Kingdom rose to 116,588 and 2,956, respectively.
What are the odds of one out of three deaths today coming from my village with about 600 people living in it? Seems pretty unlikely right?

Not doubting Cambodia is doing a great job, but I feel like they're pushing a little too hard towards 'victory'.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:24 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:12 pm but 3 new deaths (1 of them has not been vaccinated); the total recovered and death cases in the Kingdom rose to 116,588 and 2,956, respectively.
What are the odds of one out of three deaths today coming from my village with about 600 people living in it? Seems pretty unlikely right?

Not doubting Cambodia is doing a great job, but I feel like they're pushing a little too hard towards 'victory'.
Agree. CEO News quotes the official government figures, but as Kammekor suggests, this information should be treated with precaution.
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:12 pm The official number of new Covid-19 infections in Cambodia remains low.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
blueman.cambodia
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by blueman.cambodia »

The elephant in the room is the 59 Thai nationals that crossed back in to Thailand on just one day last week who were all tested in Thailand upon entry, with 35 of them testing positive for covid (as reported in Thai media)

(no opinion from me stated, since it is so obvious as to what is occurring).
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

blueman.cambodia wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:43 pm The elephant in the room is the 59 Thai nationals that crossed back in to Thailand on just one day last week who were all tested in Thailand upon entry, with 35 of them testing positive for covid (as reported in Thai media)

(no opinion from me stated, since it is so obvious as to what is occurring).
source please...
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

I wonder how long we can keep calling this the Feb. 20 outbreak.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

The policy of no more mass testing/contact testing and only taking a covid test if you are actually sick is a sensible step that has allowed the country to reopen and illustrates the benefits of not focusing on "cases per day" "deaths per cases" and other such nonsense now that most populations are vaccinated to quite high numbers

Well done the Cambodian govt
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:20 pm

The policy of no more mass testing/contact testing and only taking a covid test if you are actually sick is a sensible step that has allowed the country to reopen and illustrates the benefits of not focusing on "cases per day" "deaths per cases" and other such nonsense now that most populations are vaccinated to quite high numbers

The woman in my village never was tested with a PCR test, she self tested. She never received treatment or oxygen, but died because of lungcovid.
She's nowhere to be found in the statistics.

Well done Cambodian government?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:15 pm

The woman in my village never was tested with a PCR test, she self tested. She never received treatment or oxygen, but died because of lungcovid.

Why no treatment?

If ill, covid health centres are available; surely she or her family should have sought treatment when she was both ill and self test positive?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:34 pm
Kammekor wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:15 pm

Why no treatment?

If ill, covid health centres are available; surely she or her family should have sought treatment when she was both ill and self test positive?
You're given a bag of pills in case of a positive self test. I'm talking a bout a small village 580 km from Phnom Penh. Covid center was set up in the local school. School is up and running now. So no covid center. Good luck finding a private clinic willing to accept you.
People there die of covid and don't appear in the statistics anymore. So the statistics are not correct now. That's the only point I make.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic