No Quarantine on Arrival for fully vaccinated -- Nov15

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
kampotdjb
Tourist
Great Britain

Re: No Quarantine on Arrival for fully vaccinated -- Nov15

Post by kampotdjb »

Uncle-V wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:24 pm
kampotdjb wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:21 pm I flew with Singapore Airlines on 27th and arrived in PNH on the morning of the 28th.
I checked in at Istanbul (IST) and flew to SIN and then PNH.
There's no checks at all while transiting through SIN. You arrive in and leave from Terminal 3 and the gates are right near to one another.
There's some medical staff hanging around looking out for sick people, but no formal process at SIN.

As far as checking in was concerned:
They didn't question my eVisa during the check-in process. It wasn't an issue at all.
I didn't have to present any insurance at all and didn't even have valid insurance.
They were most concerned with my PCR and Vaccination certificate (NHS)
They did ask about a hotel, but I just said that I was going home to my family and that was it.

The most annoying part was the scrum at PNH as there were long queues and the entry staff didn't seem to know what they were doing.
They asked me to show my PCR, my vaccination card (not certificate) and then I headed to passport control and they just required the eVisa.
Passport control/immigration processing took about 5 mins.

The antigen testing at PNH arrivals took longer than I expected as, they test your first and then as the results come back in batches they call our individual names and then let you into Cambodia.

TL;DR - I flew with Singapore and the eVisa was accepted on 27th Nov at Instanbul.
Thanks so much. Puts my mind at ease about the visa issue. I'm not looking forward to that scrum at PNH - especially after a 15 hr flight..
It wasn't a pleasant experience! My whole journey was Tbilisi - Istanbul - Singapore - Phnom Penh and I was travelling for 36 hours, I wasn't a happy bunny when I arrived.
But the moment I walked through those doors it had definitely all been worth it.

Before I forget, you'll need to have a Cambodian mobile number and address to hand to put on the Health Declaration form which needs to be filled out by hand.
There's 2 forms that need to be filled out with a pen: Immigration/Customs and Health Declaration and that can be done on the SIN - PNH flight.

The advice listed on the Singapore Airlines website is out of date and the customer service reps from Singapore just quote what they read on their systems.
My eVisa was the least problematic part of the check-in process.

On arrival to PNH you're taken to a medical processing area where you hand over your stamped and signed original PCR results. (I got my PCR done while waiting at IST airport for $20 and it took 1.5 hours.)
You also hand over your health declaration (white) form which you'll have filled out on the plane with a Cambodia mobile number and address.
There were super insistent about having a vaccination CARD and not the NHS certificate I have with my QR code on it - which makes no sense at all, as the card is not proof of vaccination.
They'll then give you a yellow piece of paper and your documents back.

You then proceed to immigration/passport control, which is exactly the same as it's always been.
Immigration/Customs form and eVisa handed over, which I had already printed out 2 copies of.
They stamped the eVisa and handed it back to me and stapled the small immigration form to my passport along with the passport stamps.

You then can go to baggage reclaim and they'll subsequently x-ray your bags (because they weren't already x-rayed enough!)

You then enter another medical screening area for the rapid antigen testing.
They'll require your boarding pass there, as opposed to your passport, so keep that handy.
They'll also require your vaccination card again.

You're then sat down in a chair and they stick the elongated stick of death up your nose, wiggle it around and make you cry.

You're then placed in another holding area while you wait for the antigen results to come back.

They'll eventually garble your name in some barely comprehensible KhmEnglish after what feels like an eternity.

And then you're home and dry (or wet if you prefer it that way.)

Best of luck! It was definitely worth all the aggro for me!
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Yes yes thanks @kampotdjb
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Uncle-V
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by Uncle-V »

kampotdjb wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:50 pm
Uncle-V wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:24 pm
kampotdjb wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:21 pm I flew with Singapore Airlines on 27th and arrived in PNH on the morning of the 28th.
I checked in at Istanbul (IST) and flew to SIN and then PNH.
There's no checks at all while transiting through SIN. You arrive in and leave from Terminal 3 and the gates are right near to one another.
There's some medical staff hanging around looking out for sick people, but no formal process at SIN.

As far as checking in was concerned:
They didn't question my eVisa during the check-in process. It wasn't an issue at all.
I didn't have to present any insurance at all and didn't even have valid insurance.
They were most concerned with my PCR and Vaccination certificate (NHS)
They did ask about a hotel, but I just said that I was going home to my family and that was it.

The most annoying part was the scrum at PNH as there were long queues and the entry staff didn't seem to know what they were doing.
They asked me to show my PCR, my vaccination card (not certificate) and then I headed to passport control and they just required the eVisa.
Passport control/immigration processing took about 5 mins.

The antigen testing at PNH arrivals took longer than I expected as, they test your first and then as the results come back in batches they call our individual names and then let you into Cambodia.

TL;DR - I flew with Singapore and the eVisa was accepted on 27th Nov at Instanbul.
Thanks so much. Puts my mind at ease about the visa issue. I'm not looking forward to that scrum at PNH - especially after a 15 hr flight..
It wasn't a pleasant experience! My whole journey was Tbilisi - Istanbul - Singapore - Phnom Penh and I was travelling for 36 hours, I wasn't a happy bunny when I arrived.
But the moment I walked through those doors it had definitely all been worth it.

Before I forget, you'll need to have a Cambodian mobile number and address to hand to put on the Health Declaration form which needs to be filled out by hand.
There's 2 forms that need to be filled out with a pen: Immigration/Customs and Health Declaration and that can be done on the SIN - PNH flight.

The advice listed on the Singapore Airlines website is out of date and the customer service reps from Singapore just quote what they read on their systems.
My eVisa was the least problematic part of the check-in process.

On arrival to PNH you're taken to a medical processing area where you hand over your stamped and signed original PCR results. (I got my PCR done while waiting at IST airport for $20 and it took 1.5 hours.)
You also hand over your health declaration (white) form which you'll have filled out on the plane with a Cambodia mobile number and address.
There were super insistent about having a vaccination CARD and not the NHS certificate I have with my QR code on it - which makes no sense at all, as the card is not proof of vaccination.
They'll then give you a yellow piece of paper and your documents back.

You then proceed to immigration/passport control, which is exactly the same as it's always been.
Immigration/Customs form and eVisa handed over, which I had already printed out 2 copies of.
They stamped the eVisa and handed it back to me and stapled the small immigration form to my passport along with the passport stamps.

You then can go to baggage reclaim and they'll subsequently x-ray your bags (because they weren't already x-rayed enough!)

You then enter another medical screening area for the rapid antigen testing.
They'll require your boarding pass there, as opposed to your passport, so keep that handy.
They'll also require your vaccination card again.

You're then sat down in a chair and they stick the elongated stick of death up your nose, wiggle it around and make you cry.

You're then placed in another holding area while you wait for the antigen results to come back.

They'll eventually garble your name in some barely comprehensible KhmEnglish after what feels like an eternity.

And then you're home and dry (or wet if you prefer it that way.)

Best of luck! It was definitely worth all the aggro for me!
thanks for sharing all the gory details! I think I will be ready to get thoroughly wet by the end of that ordeal. Fortunately the bars are open again!
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

the bars were open last summer... on the down low... just gotta know the right people @Uncle-V
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by johnny lightning »

When did PCR tests start taking only an hour and a half, and for 20 bucks? This doesn't sound right, more like an antigen. Everywhere I have been or heard about takes at least overnight and usually a hundred bucks, or more. Anyone know if this info is right?
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

With Omicron doing the rounds, many countries have already started back-tracking on their relaxations of entry rules and requirements and it's possible Cambodia may do the same. Japan, for example, only relaxed their entry requirements three weeks ago and have now closed their borders again to almost everyone.

Nothing is certain and things can change from one week to the next. I'd be wary of making any travel plans either to Cambodia, or from Cambodia if you intend on returning, for the foreseeable future, unless you're prepared to accept that quarantine may be re-imposed on a whim.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
kampotdjb
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by kampotdjb »

johnny lightning wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:04 am When did PCR tests start taking only an hour and a half, and for 20 bucks? This doesn't sound right, more like an antigen. Everywhere I have been or heard about takes at least overnight and usually a hundred bucks, or more. Anyone know if this info is right?

Check it out for yourself.
Istanbul has an amazing 5,000 sq m laboratory setup especially to process PCR tests quickly.
Costs 250 Turkish Lira (which is around $18 actually.)
You get a stamped and signed PCR-T result in 1.5 hours. I used mine to fly successfully.

I understand your skepticism, but you're welcome to check out the info yourself, here:

https://www.istairport.com/en/announcem ... rvice-24-7
kampotdjb
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by kampotdjb »

Here's further proof, for the potential doubters or worriers.
You'll be fine with Singapore Airlines!

https://ibb.co/XCHgG65
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by johnny lightning »

I'll take your word for it. Too bad this wasn't common in the rest of the world. Makes many western countries look backward, including my own!
Kck
Tourist
Hong Kong

Post by Kck »

Hi have Anyone fly in with a pcr test with no stamp? My country don’t stamp any all is online can print it out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic