Couple Die in Fire, Trapped Inside their House

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Couple Die in Fire, Trapped Inside their House

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News(Phnom Penh) On 30 November 2021, a fire occured in a house in Borey Kim San resulting in the death of a couple who were locked inside. The incident occurred at 12:30 midnight along the concrete road in Borey Kimsan, Ta Ker village, Kampol District, Phnom Penh.

According to the police, the owners of the house were Chea Sophal, was a 65 years old military officer and his wife was Von Then, a 30 years old garment factory worker. Sources at the scene said they first saw large flames coming out of the house, mixed with smoke and then they heard the owner shouting, "Help, my house is on fire."
Immediately, the residents of a nearby house brought fire hoses to help put out the fire, but it did not go out. It was only after three fire trucks intervened to extinguish the fire that the fire was completely extinguished at 1:20 a.m. Unfortunately, the occupants of the house both perished in the fire, because they were trapped inside and unable to escape. The outside door was locked from the inside.

It is believed that the fire started off through an electrical short circuit at the house. The next door house was also damaged. Currently, the bodies of the deceased are in hospital pending autopsy, after which they will be handed over to the family for funerary rites.
Very sad. RIP
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Couple Die in Fire, Trapped Inside their House

Post by atst »

No jumping out the window when there steel bars covering them , 65y with 30y wife nice.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

Would be an idea to have proper safety and construction codes. Oh wait we are in the kingdom of wonder
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

We’ve just moved home after I fell out with the landlady over her son’s expert electrical repairs- over a few months, several electrical issues resulting in the main breaker tripping, which could take hours to be reset due to its location. It culminated in some seriously suspect wiring rectification which left us with loss of power no less than 6 times in 2 days, and what appears to be a very much under rated cable protected by a circuit breaker rated for far too much current.

Our new place comes with all the usual issues of working out exactly what hidden access problems there might be. Roll out the massive padlock, and the keys safely stowed on a hook several feet away! Locked in securely at night.

I think I may have broken her will, though, after presenting the copious news articles on the subject of needless deaths due fire, etc…
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic