Suggestions for a restaurant for X-mass dinner??

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Uncle-V
Expatriate
Croatia

Suggestions for a restaurant for X-mass dinner??

Post by Uncle-V »

Hi guys!

Any suggestions for a good place to have X-Mass lunch/dinner in Phnom Penh? Traditional Western Style with a good roast, stuffing, etc. ?

I'm ready to spend a few $$$ for something good and a nice holiday atmosphere.

Many thanks in advance!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Suggestions for a restaurant for X-mass dinner??

Post by Doc67 »

post523483.html#p523483

You can buy starters and desert at your discretion.

This is for people who want the main course but don't want to pay $50+ for a huge pile of food over 4 courses and have to eat until they feel sick to justify the price.
Uncle-V
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by Uncle-V »

Thanks. I really like the Lok Lok at Harry's and staff are very friendly. But, TBH, I'm not all that fond of the Western dishes there.
I'm looking for more of an upscale place..
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

So you should check Sofitel or Raffles as they usually do an Xmas brunch. Palace Gate is another option.
ego bibere nimis
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ego bibere nimis »

The Exchange is another option. Not sure if they extend to dinner though, normally a lunch.
You know that tingly little feeling you get when you really like someone? That's common sense leaving your body.
Tommie
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Tommie »

Too bad that the Walkabout Hotel on Street 51 closed down a few years ago. You could not find a more of an upscale place in Phnom Penh at the time. The food was excellent and the prices was more than fair. And of course, the company you had the pleasure of meeting there was second to none.

I had a great time there the X-mas of 1999.
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

Tommie wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:38 pm Too bad that the Walkabout Hotel on Street 51 closed down a few years ago. You could not find a more of an upscale place in Phnom Penh at the time. The food was excellent and the prices was more than fair. And of course, the company you had the pleasure of meeting there was second to none.

That is something I never thought I would read. Walkabout = upscale place. Walkabout = excellent food. But then again maybe 1999 was their peak of excellence?

Anyway, today Upscale = Raffles.
Tommie
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Tommie »

cambo swa wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:51 pm
Tommie wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:38 pm Too bad that the Walkabout Hotel on Street 51 closed down a few years ago. You could not find a more of an upscale place in Phnom Penh at the time. The food was excellent and the prices was more than fair. And of course, the company you had the pleasure of meeting there was second to none.

That is something I never thought I would read. Walkabout = upscale place. Walkabout = excellent food. But then again maybe 1999 was their peak of excellence?

Anyway, today Upscale = Raffles.
I may, or may not, have been involved in some heavy drinking at that time. Being at sea for 4 months and arriving on the 23. of december may, or may not, have clouded my judgement slightly. I had a great time!
Uncle-V
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by Uncle-V »

thanks these look great.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Upscale but better value than the Sofitel etc, the restauant at Palace Gates Hotel. The Mealea.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic