Cambodia - Reduced Quarantine on Arrival

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Cambodia - Reduced Quarantine on Arrival

Post by BklynBoy »

DaniHirsch wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:25 am I'm relaxed thank you, i just observed some condescendence along with the advices. I guess nothing comes for free. Anyway, congrats, you chose the right side.
\

sorry if i jumped down your throat lol. Those 3 guys are top notch. When did you decide to come to PP anyway? what was your decision?
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

DaniHirsch wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:25 am I'm relaxed thank you, i just observed some condescendence along with the advices. I guess nothing comes for free. Anyway, congrats, you chose the right side.

This forum and specifically @PSD-Kiwi have been showing people like you how to get in this country when the rules were far stricter and even more opaque than today. As far as I know, there has not been a single person that has sought advice here that has not got though the airport. I can't remember any member having successfully made the trip with such a pissy attitude as you.

What you went through last week was a cake walk and you still had a meltdown. It was a crisis entirely of your own making. If you're going to live here you better toughen up buttercup.

My quote about waiting a further 18 days was obviously not directed at you. It was directed at the many members and friends out there that finally, can get in without jumping through numerous and onerous requirements and handing over $2k. In two weeks things have settled down and people can travel with little to worry about. The Forte Insurance is a perfect example of this.

My comments about you were simply to highlight the way not try plan travelling. You're opening comments said it all:

Well, I think I'm going a bit crazy mode now.

I just bought a ticket [Tuesday 16th] for flying next Saturday 20 Nov, from Europe, arriving PP on Sunday.

Crazy facts: I forgot about the VISA, so I requested it in the official website, right after the flight ticket. The time is super short, I hope they can make it. Also, I didn't add any Insurance, just the Covid Certificate. I hope they accept it.

:facepalm:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Doc67 wrote:

This forum and specifically @PSD-Kiwi have been showing people like you how to get in this country when the rules were far stricter and even more opaque than today. As far as I know, there has not been a single person that has sought advice here that has not got though the airport. I can't remember any member having successfully made the trip with such a pissy attitude as you.

What you went through last week was a cake walk and you still had a meltdown. It was a crisis entirely of your own making. If you're going to live here you better toughen up buttercup.

My quote about waiting a further 18 days was obviously not directed at you. It was directed at the many members and friends out there that finally, can get in without jumping through numerous and onerous requirements and handing over $2k. In two weeks things have settled down and people can travel with little to worry about. The Forte Insurance is a perfect example of this.

My comments about you were simply to highlight the way not try plan travelling. You're opening comments said it all:

Well, I think I'm going a bit crazy mode now.

I just bought a ticket [Tuesday 16th] for flying next Saturday 20 Nov, from Europe, arriving PP on Sunday.

Crazy facts: I forgot about the VISA, so I requested it in the official website, right after the flight ticket. The time is super short, I hope they can make it. Also, I didn't add any Insurance, just the Covid Certificate. I hope they accept it.

:facepalm:
Yes exactly, and to @DaniHirsch, the pre flight covid PCR fit to fly certificate has to be the original hard copy, signed and stamped, not a printed copy of an email from an online PCR test, it clearly states that in the official government documents for entry requirements…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Uncle-V
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by Uncle-V »

Yes exactly, and to @DaniHirsch, the pre flight covid PCR fit to fly certificate has to be the original hard copy, signed and stamped, not a printed copy of an email from an online PCR test, it clearly states that in the official government documents for entry requirements…

Thanks this is very useful to know. And just to clarify - what they are looking for is the original hard copy (signed and stamped) of your negative PCR test from the authorized clinic where you got your PCR test? The reference to the "Fit to Fly Certificate" has me a bit confused.

Sorry if this is stupid/repetitive. Just trying to get all my ducks in a row before I buy my tickets.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Uncle-V wrote:

Thanks this is very useful to know. And just to clarify - what they are looking for is the original hard copy (signed and stamped) of your negative PCR test from the authorized clinic where you got your PCR test? The reference to the "Fit to Fly Certificate" has me a bit confused.

Sorry if this is stupid/repetitive. Just trying to get all my ducks in a row before I buy my tickets.
Clinics offer a travel PCR test which comes with 1. Your negative results + a fit to fly certificate which has your name, passport details, date and time of test etc

Mezzanine
Tourist
Germany

Post by Mezzanine »

So what I understand is:

Fit&Fly is not needed because if I look on german embassy website(from today) theres nothing about it
(ThaiAirways is also talking bout 100 000 covered while everything else it is only 50 000)

But what about Forte?

Seems like you need one insurance for transitting BKK and Forte to be sure for Cambo because you can´t combine both countries what is very weird..
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

i came last week without forte-insurance, just my belgian official belgian health-insurance, but they made me a document especifying thats they covered me, in cambodia, included covid and the dates !! Was okay for cambodia airlines in BKK at check-in, even nobody knew that at that moment !!
Mezzanine
Tourist
Germany

Post by Mezzanine »

Bongmab69 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:20 pm i came last week without forte-insurance, just my belgian official belgian health-insurance, but they made me a document especifying thats they covered me, in cambodia, included covid and the dates !! Was okay for cambodia airlines in BKK at check-in, even nobody knew that at that moment !!
So no documents for Thailand required?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

The documents are like a condom, you are better to have them and not need it than need it and not have one 🤣
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Foreign travellers are encouraged to have the Forte COVID-19 insurance policy, but it is not mandatory... however just be aware that some airlines and/or staff may be working from a different checklist...when I flew with Qatar the other day they were still under the impression that the Forte policy was mandatory, I had already purchased the policy prior to the changes so so biggy for me, however I still gave them copies and links to the official announcements/directives for their necessary further action.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic