Western OAP Scammers on the run!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Western OAP Scammers on the run!

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

jjy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:08 am Just to clarify the story a bit more for the piss takers rubbing this in. Here is a direct message from my English OAP friend who doesn't even use Facebook.
I thank you all for your comments, owed actually $14,500 is true. I first started talking to William around November 2020, he told me about his life. I told him about mine. Then March 2021 he told me he had money problems because he had moved to Cambodia, his company was in Thailand and he was waiting for his new bank card. and could I lend him 500$. He showed me documents. His company was then named easy rich holding company. He convinced me with documents. And Korean bank transfer to his company. Again I lent him more money. Then he had hotel problems so I lent him more money. This is when Alastair got involved. He convinced me that all will be paid back. Then they showed me documents from containers been sent to Thailand from India. The covid in India meant they couldn't send the containers to Thailand unless fines were paid for the delays, they showed me documents. I paid the fines to get my money back. But never any money paid to me. I helped but I was scammed. Having lent so much money to them I felt that if I didn't help them, I would lose all my money. Stupid me. What a complete idiot. These are professional scammers. Not one but two.
That would be comical if it wasn't so sad.

I think I need to have head-to-head with this chap, a few home truths. He needs help. We all do, so I'll take my documents along.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:17 am
Ghostwriter wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:38 pm
Yerg wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:02 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:49 am What's a "slug"?
A snail with a housing problem...
A divorced snail, as i call them
You guys are weird.
In Australia a slug is a big fat penis.
...and the snail trail? Is that more female-related?

"Wierd" in good way, right?
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

canucklhead wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:34 am
Kammekor wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:31 am
jjy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:08 am Just to clarify the story a bit more for the piss takers rubbing this in. Here is a direct message from my English OAP friend who doesn't even use Facebook.
I thank you all for your comments, owed actually $14,500 is true. I first started talking to William around November 2020, he told me about his life. I told him about mine. Then March 2021 he told me he had money problems because he had moved to Cambodia, his company was in Thailand and he was waiting for his new bank card. and could I lend him 500$. He showed me documents. His company was then named easy rich holding company. He convinced me with documents. And Korean bank transfer to his company. Again I lent him more money. Then he had hotel problems so I lent him more money. This is when Alastair got involved. He convinced me that all will be paid back. Then they showed me documents from containers been sent to Thailand from India. The covid in India meant they couldn't send the containers to Thailand unless fines were paid for the delays, they showed me documents. I paid the fines to get my money back. But never any money paid to me. I helped but I was scammed. Having lent so much money to them I felt that if I didn't help them, I would lose all my money. Stupid me. What a complete idiot. These are professional scammers. Not one but two. (sic)
Love the company name....
Have to agree. Sounds very chinese.
It's a sic: "Sleazy Filch Money Holding Complainee"

Not one but too many.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:49 pm
Ghostwriter wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:38 pm A divorced snail, as i call them
Nice. Is that how you can tell they are male?
Oh i wouldn't dare gender-outing any particular hermaphrodite specie in these times.

But you know why the divorced Barbie is more expensive, right ?
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Ghostwriter wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:26 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:49 pm
Ghostwriter wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:38 pm A divorced snail, as i call them
Nice. Is that how you can tell they are male?
Oh i wouldn't dare gender-outing any particular hermaphrodite specie in these times.

But you know why the divorced Barbie is more expensive, right ?
Getting a little Trigger-Happy there. I wonder if Dom padded the baby slug before the friction.

As for 60-something Barbie (B), she was originally the idea of a sexy-doll wannabe (quite common pre-internet), when she saw a German adult-toy hooker doll. It then became a Pentagon Engineer's creation, subsequently head-hunted by Mattel, to give B joints, and bring her to life. However, it was not until she grew a belly-button at 40-years old, meaning she was no longer a replica (in some eyes).

The Wannabe's daughter, Barbie, has the prototype. Her son, Kenneth, also has a prototype doll.

She was the first adult-replicated toy, in the US.

B has siblings too. Skipper is a brother. There's the twins, Todd and Stacie, and the other twins, Todd and Tutti. There are others.

Tutti was kidnapped, and never found. Nobody was convicted of any crime however, Stacie shows up soon after, claiming to be the real twin (pre-DNA).

At 38-18-28, in the 60's (and still today), B began a teen modelling career. B took on a slumber party girl look and introduced a weight-loss book. One piece of advice was "Don't eat."

She is the only professional tennis/basebal-playing Astronaut-come-Thunderbird Squadron Leader, that is also a gold medal gymnastic Olympian, UNICEF Ambassador for sign language, whom combined her Surgeon's position with her NASCAR commitments. In her spare time she juggled her Zoology studies with her rapping, while an officer in the Army. She even found time to win American Idol and Miss America.

She was only a presidential candidate, however. Somewhat of a failing, by my standards, so I lost touch thereafter.

Incidently, the Wannabe sued Mattel, unsuccessfully.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:38 pm Kenneth,
Which is funny 'cause it does rhyme with meth
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic