A day at the beach.

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

A day at the beach.

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Twenty eight degrees, little wind with clear-ish skies was the perfect excuse today head down to Cottesloe beach, wander around, get some gelato, and, well, just relax. Not quite as pristine or as secluded as some beaches in Southeast Asia, but pleasant enough.

Making each video interesting is pretty tough (mine are obviously quite pedestrian), particularly when you don't lead a very exciting existence. I'm quite looking forward to returning to Asia and stretching the legs, as it were. It could be argued however, if you can't make interesting videos in one place, another isn't going to be any different. But I guess if you're enjoying the process, who really cares - doing it for yourself should be reward enough.

Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: A day at the beach.

Post by Freightdog »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:43 pm It could be argued however, if you can't make interesting videos in one place, another isn't going to be any different.
It could, and I might suggest that would be wrong. It may simply be that where you are now is so familiar and comfortable, that what you see everyday is not nearly as interesting to you as you might wish. A different location might be all the inspiration you need.

What I’ve watched so far has actually given some colour to a place that I know little of, and only from cousins who live there, while most of my friends from the region live on the other end of the island.
I can imagine the reactions of my lad if he were making the run with you, and saw the things in your video.

Keep it going.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Freightdog wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:26 pm
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:43 pm It could be argued however, if you can't make interesting videos in one place, another isn't going to be any different.
It could, and I might suggest that would be wrong. It may simply be that where you are now is so familiar and comfortable, that what you see everyday is not nearly as interesting to you as you might wish.
Maybe you're right, FD. It's all a bit predictable and sterile to me here and I think it has to be the same for anyone else who watches it, which may not be the case, I guess.

Cheers.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Reminds me of what a friend said when I moved to Cambodia: Take lots of photos before you forget what's interesting. So easy to get accustomed to your surroundings. See a moto with a fridge on the back and you think nothing of it after a few months.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Next time you decide on a day at the beach, can you give Swanbourne a go.
If there's nothing but beached whales, turn around and head back to Cottesloe. :thumb:
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Username Taken wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:44 am Next time you decide on a day at the beach, can you give Swanbourne a go.
I'm not sure there's much more than overweight sixty somethings skulking around in the sand dunes at Swanbourne these days. I guess one should make a reconnaissance visit to confirm.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic