Suppliers of steel pipe in Phnom Penh

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
DLsea
Expatriate
South Africa

Suppliers of steel pipe in Phnom Penh

Post by DLsea »

I'm looking for suppliers of galvanized steel pipes (3 or 6m lengths) with outer diameters ranging from +/- 32mm to 115mm. Would need a few hundred. Can anybody recommend, or, does anyone know of, - a company or two in Phnom Penh I could contact?

Hope someone can help with this as I haven't been able to make much progress using the internet.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Suppliers of steel pipe in Phnom Penh

Post by phuketrichard »

Global house
use them for just about all building supplies
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

You could try along Mao Tse Tong, there are a few places selling steel pipe there but I don't know if they'll have exactly what you want.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

DLsea wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:42 am I'm looking for suppliers of galvanized steel pipes (3 or 6m lengths) with outer diameters ranging from +/- 32mm to 115mm. Would need a few hundred. Can anybody recommend, or, does anyone know of, - a company or two in Phnom Penh I could contact?

Hope someone can help with this as I haven't been able to make much progress using the internet.
I've yet to find a informative website for any Cambodian business. Basic things like a full product list, a price list and stock availability. They seem to think everything must be kept secret until they meet you.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

^^
I've found many businesses are more likely to have a FB page than a website. Khmer24 can be useful also...check under 'Services'.
DLsea
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by DLsea »

Thanks guys,
Will look into Khmer 24 and Facebook leads.
DLsea
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by DLsea »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:34 am Global house
use them for just about all building supplies
Thanks for that,- will check them out.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Almost every steel supplier will have these. Almost always in 6M. Try Psah Touyt near the French Embassy, or Mao TSE Tung. Bit have you looked at local shops? Should be easy to find unless it's a very specific size.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
DLsea
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by DLsea »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:03 pm Almost every steel supplier will have these. Almost always in 6M. Try Psah Touyt near the French Embassy, or Mao TSE Tung. Bit have you looked at local shops? Should be easy to find unless it's a very specific size.
Thanks for that tip. Will check them out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic