Cambodia - Reduced Quarantine on Arrival

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Cambodia - Reduced Quarantine on Arrival

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:
Bongmab69 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:45 am AHaaa, with the word "encouraged" is it now official its not mandatory, that cr$$** insurance from Forte ??
Any more new info about that from people who did arrive without it ?? And where was the problem with it, more before boarding abroad, or more when arriving in PP ?? If you cant board without it and loose your flight, you are fu****, but if the problems are at arrival, you could eventually pay your way out (or in) ?? !!
The main issue will be how the airlines interpret it, they are the main gatekeepers. Personally I would play it safe...well I am this time anyway as I purchased my Forte insurance before they made all these recent changes.
When you heading back? I’ll be back just after Xmas, catch up? ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:55 am When you heading back? I’ll be back just after Xmas, catch up? ImageImageImage
Will miss ya unfortunately, heading back to work just before Xmas. Have a good one :beer3:
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

just booked my BKK-PNH flight for sunday, all-in it was 83 U$ !! Asked them how about the Forte-insurance, but still now reply about it !! Any updates from some-one who flied in this week ??
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Bongmab69 wrote:just booked my BKK-PNH flight for sunday, all-in it was 83 U$ !! Asked them how about the Forte-insurance, but still now reply about it !! Any updates from some-one who flied in this week ??
What airline you flying with? I think the first/biggest issue would be the check in desk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Here is some good news for some of you...

The DoI are going to allow travellers who enter the country on a T-type (Tourist) Visa or e-Visa (online Tourist Visa) issued in 2021 to apply for an EB (Business) or ER (Retirement) Extension of Stay (EOS) without the need to leave the country.

Applications must be made via a Visa Agency.

Contact your preferred Visa Agent for further details.
camborambo
Expatriate
Switzerland

Post by camborambo »

Bongmab69 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:13 am just booked my BKK-PNH flight for sunday, all-in it was 83 U$ !! Asked them how about the Forte-insurance, but still now reply about it !! Any updates from some-one who flied in this week ??
Yes you Need the insurance,
Two colored copies
camborambo
Expatriate
Switzerland

Post by camborambo »

Edit : flight yesterday from EU with Singapore Airlines,
troelshartmann
Expatriate
Australia

Post by troelshartmann »

camborambo wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:15 pm
Bongmab69 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:13 am just booked my BKK-PNH flight for sunday, all-in it was 83 U$ !! Asked them how about the Forte-insurance, but still now reply about it !! Any updates from some-one who flied in this week ??
Yes you Need the insurance,
Two colored copies

Officially you don't - it is only "encouraged" or "recommended". Taken from the FB group:

https://imgur.com/a/p2S20Tc

and

https://imgur.com/a/POJj5h5

Of course that has to flow through to the airlines.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:21 pm Here is some good news for some of you...

The DoI are going to allow travellers who enter the country on a T-type (Tourist) Visa or e-Visa (online Tourist Visa) issued in 2021 to apply for an EB (Business) or ER (Retirement) Extension of Stay (EOS) without the need to leave the country.

Applications must be made via a Visa Agency.

Contact your preferred Visa Agent for further details.
Oh, that's tasty. Thank you so much @PSD-Kiwi . Maybe it's a day or two too early to ask this, but what does the current agent/EOS cost come to on top of the $30 Tourist visa, for say, a 1-year ER visa (I'm old enough, all right LOL). A rough cost estimate is quite OK.

PS: I found an answer to my own question. Roughly $270-$300 for the ER EOS and $150ish for the conversion from T visa. (Source: a previous PSD-Kiwi post last April.)
DaniHirsch
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by DaniHirsch »

Thanks @PSD-Kiwi for the quote.

I'm seeing in "movetocambodia" blog that besides the Covid Test it's necessary another document with a stamp and etc etc confirming that the test is valid, red stamp, etc... is this really true??? This is real paranoia, I'm sick of this trip even before it started.

Actually I will be transiting in HK (please don't tell me bad news about this :? ), and I think no enough time, so I will be doing test the day before the flight, but they give the results online, with SMS, then I have to print, etc. This is not compatible with any kind of stamp!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic