Cambodia - Reduced Quarantine on Arrival

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Cambodia - Reduced Quarantine on Arrival

Post by ExPenhMan »

Bongmab69 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:35 pm Applied for my e-visa yesterday afternoon, and this morning i received already, 13h later, no problems at all. As my thai visa runs out on 22th, i plan to come overthere next weekend. If the insurance-issue is claired, if not i will apply for my own-countrys-insurance. And preparing my bags !!
How is the tuktuk service from airport to the riverside, was 9$ IN 2019 if i remember good ??
Many hotels are still closed i hear ?? Probably give CASA hotel near Wat Phnom a try, was there in januari 2020 and liked it, good proce/quality in my eyes !!
That's your basic 30-day Tourist visa, yes?

Wish Cambodia didn't confuse things by using the term e-visa to designate online purchase of the Tourist visa, and E-visa, as in ER(etired) and EB(usiness).
GarfieldsLasagna
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by GarfieldsLasagna »

Bongmab69 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:43 pm maybe a bit off topic, but anyone had problems to fly in PP without a return ticket lately ??
I'm flying bkk-Pp this saturday on a E visa, i haven't booked a return flight but i did purchase a "return" flight off this site for $12 https://onwardticket.com/ (looks good printed out) i will let you know if they even ask for proof of onward travel
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

GarfieldsLasagna wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:33 pm
Bongmab69 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:43 pm maybe a bit off topic, but anyone had problems to fly in PP without a return ticket lately ??
I'm flying bkk-Pp this saturday on a E visa, i haven't booked a return flight but i did purchase a "return" flight off this site for $12 https://onwardticket.com/ (looks good printed out) i will let you know if they even ask for proof of onward travel
I think historically, those who were asked for an onward ticket when boarding a flight to Phnom Penh were (some) travelers who didn't have a visa and planned to buy a visa on arrival. Not people who already had a visa for Cambodia, which is currently the only option.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

I would like to go on sunday witk cambodia airways, fly saturday-evening from Phuket to BKK, sleep there and on sunday before noon BKK-PNH. Keep me informed, especially about the insurance, did you buy the forte-one, or you have something betters, or nothing at all !!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Alex wrote:
I think historically, those who were asked for an onward ticket when boarding a flight to Phnom Penh were (some) travelers who didn't have a visa and planned to buy a visa on arrival. Not people who already had a visa for Cambodia, which is currently the only option.
Yeah if you’ve already got your visa its not normally an issue, airlines only ask for onward travel because if you turn up and fail to get your VOA then its down to the airline to return you, so its the airlines covering their backs, if you got a visa then responsibility is nothing to do with the airlines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

A new video produced by AKP entitled ‘Cambodia Opens Widely For Vaccinated Travellers‘, explains the new procedure for entry into Cambodia for vaccinated tourists.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Playing around with the idea of a BKK-PNH-BKK trip. Have to stay at least 21 days to get in on the 1-day quarantine on return to Bangkok.

Bangkok Airways, which says it is starting up the route in December, is up to its old tricks.

Initial fares pop up, then when you select the fare, all the other charges are added. December round trip Bangkok to Phnom Penh is 9,420 baht!! That's about US$300.

Can't remember the pre-pandemic fares but seems to me they were cheaper.

No flights at AirAsia or Cambodia Angkor Air.
GarfieldsLasagna
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by GarfieldsLasagna »

Bongmab69 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:02 pm
I would like to go on sunday witk cambodia airways, fly saturday-evening from Phuket to BKK, sleep there and on sunday before noon BKK-PNH. Keep me informed, especially about the insurance, did you buy the forte-one, or you have something betters, or nothing at all !!
I did buy the forte insurance for 30 days for $120 as I couldn't get a clear answer anywhere if its necessary, been told its not needed for the tourist visa but then have also read its required for entry. I'll update on Saturday if its checked
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

ExPenhMan wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:31 pm Playing around with the idea of a BKK-PNH-BKK trip. Have to stay at least 21 days to get in on the 1-day quarantine on return to Bangkok.

Bangkok Airways, which says it is starting up the route in December, is up to its old tricks.

Initial fares pop up, then when you select the fare, all the other charges are added. December round trip Bangkok to Phnom Penh is 9,420 baht!! That's about US$300.

Can't remember the pre-pandemic fares but seems to me they were cheaper.

No flights at AirAsia or Cambodia Angkor Air.
pre covid on air asia Phuket-transit bangkok-PP r/t was under $300
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

ExPenhMan wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:31 pm Playing around with the idea of a BKK-PNH-BKK trip. Have to stay at least 21 days to get in on the 1-day quarantine on return to Bangkok.
There's no requirement to stay out for at least 21 days if you're coming from Thailand and travel to a "safe country", as in your case. Their concern seems to be people who have visited "countries not on the list" before coming to Thailand.

Richard Barrow just blogged about his short trip to the UK and back to Bangkok. I think he staid less than a week and it was fine.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic