Mode Store Raided After Customers Complain of Counterfeits

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Mode Store Raided After Customers Complain of Counterfeits

Post by pissontheroof »

itekamp wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:18 am
Anchor Moy wrote:Yes, she's selling counterfeit products at counterfeit prices. If brand name products are much cheaper then they should be, then there's a reason.
I bought a Rolex watch once for $10. (For a joke). What ! It was actually a fake Rolex. So disappointed. :-o
According to these photos she is not selling at counterfeit prices at all! The Jean Paul Gaultier parfume sells at Amazon for $86. A discount of only $11 would be great for an original product but a total rip off for a fake product. Price for a counterfeit product should not exceed $10-$20

Sent from my LM-V510N using Tapatalk
They are not going to use the junk , just put it in the medicine cabinet for guests to look at
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Flexxman
Expatriate

Post by Flexxman »

Probably the same old trick done in most markets. Seller has familiar Western brands at attractive prices, just looking like any perfume store: a row of sealed new bottles and an open test-bottle in front of each brand/type. The catch is that the tester is the real thing, and the sealed bottles fake. You'll only notice after opening the package bought, which would be at home. On returning it to the shop with complaints seller can claim you changed it for a fake yourself etc. Even better are tourists buying as present for friends back home!
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Albror »

itekamp wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:22 amYou sound like you're currently banging her. Well, be advised that she is selling apparent fake goods at nearly full retail prices, so watch your wallet while being with this "lovely" lady

Why did i expect a comment like this?

I know someone who work for her and she do import the goods.

Of course i can not say that she does not cheat sometimes but why would a person with a western brain believe something that could be made up before its proven? Its really amazing what cavemen of westerners we have here in Cambodia. You would be a scam artists wet dream.
itekamp
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by itekamp »

Thanks for calling me a caveman but apparently I have been the only primate here to be able to even read the numbers on the pictures. $75!!!

All the other monkeys here had problems to read mirror images...

So once again, without knowing this lady or knowing her business at all, if someone sells an item for $75 that sells on Amazon USA for $86 then it might be a welcome discount but judging by the handwritten price tag I would not believe her one second.

If the authorities declared her goods as fake then I stand by my warning for you personally to watch your wallet

Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Albror »

itekamp wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:26 am Thanks for calling me a caveman but apparently I have been the only primate here to be able to even read the numbers on the pictures. $75!!!

All the other monkeys here had problems to read mirror images...

So once again, without knowing this lady or knowing her business at all, if someone sells an item for $75 that sells on Amazon USA for $86 then it might be a welcome discount but judging by the handwritten price tag I would not believe her one second.

If the authorities declared her goods as fake then I stand by my warning for you personally to watch your wallet

Fair enough. But....

Its way to easy to smear some ones reputation in Cambodia with very small amounts of money so i hope we all agree on that some evidence would be needed before we come to the conclusion that the accusations are true. I hope that you and everyone else agree.

Its like that in Cambodia anything negative stated about anyone is considered a truth straight away. Some times when its nothing more then a facebook post.

Its dangerous and also used against political enemies in this country. Dont be fooled so easily.

Good night :wave:

Edit: Keep in mind that someone selling a item in USA probably is looking for a higher profit in dollars then in Cambodia. Because, you know, this is Cambodia, not Usa.
itekamp
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by itekamp »

Good point, I agree.

Peace!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic