Australian Michael Francis Clarke Found Dead in PhnomPenh GH

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Australian Michael Francis Clarke Found Dead in PhnomPen

Post by StroppyChops »

General Mackevili wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:Incidentally, GM, the deceased had been moved from the position he was found in prior to that photo.
Based on the blood, I'm guessing?
Yes, the discolouration.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

StroppyChops wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:Incidentally, GM, the deceased had been moved from the position he was found in prior to that photo.
Yes, the discolouration.
I meant the dry blood about a foot away from the body.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

General Mackevili wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:
Yes, the discolouration.
I meant the dry blood about a foot away from the body.
And that.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
AussieClarke
Tourist

Post by AussieClarke »

Michael Francis Clarke was my father.
Very Sad that he passed away alone. However, it is probably how he would've wanted it so not to be a burden on anyone.
I tried to help him in 2012 I went to PhnomPenh and bough him back to Australia to seek Medical help and to get him off the grog. He stayed with me for 6 months and I got him to a level of health that enabled him to live independently. He was a stubborn man and wanted to get back to Cambodia. After being with me he travelled back to Cairns Australia to be with his mates, hit the grog again and then headed back to Cambodia.
He was on various forms of medication for heart problems.
He was born in County Cavan Ireland.
He had a tough but good life. Drove buses in England and Cairns. Worked in ACI glass factory in Melbourne and was heavily involved in the Trade Union Movement in Melbourne.
He was divorced and had 3 children.
He had some good mates in Cairn Australia and all tried to help him in various ways.

Rest in Peace Dad. Gone but not forgotten.

I now have the task of arranging his cremation and return of ashes to Aus.
If any of you knew of Mick and would like to attend the service in Phnom Penh let me know.
Anyone know how I would get his wallet and cards from the police in Cambodia. Apparently they took the stuff away,
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

I'm sorry for your loss AussieClarke but you may have some comfort in knowing he exceeded the average life expectancy of an expat in Cambodia by quite a lot.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Very sorry for your loss, AussieClarke.

At least he passed away having fun in a country that many of us love.

I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but maybe others here might have, and will be able to attend.

And very sorry to hear the police took his stuff, but that's just too common here.

Since it doesn't sound like you'll be coming here, maybe let the embassy know that you are willing to pay for the return of his stuff, but don't get your hopes up.

Thanks for coming by to tell us about him, and may he rest in peace.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic