New Year's Plans?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
redhooligan
Expatriate
Greece

New Year's Plans?

Post by redhooligan »

With the dreaded Christian/mid-winter pagan holiday come and gone, what are your plans for the new Gregorian calendar observatory evening in Phnom Penh?

Any special happenings planned at any of the bars that don't cost an arm and a leg? Or will it be just another evening of booze, drugs, girls, and the like?

I've always personally enjoyed NYE more than Christmas-- the promise of a New Year, resolutions that make you feel better about yourself, only to be broken that night or the next morning, the month or so it takes you to get used to writing a new number on forms and papers and the parties of my youth that were always better than the week's before.

While a frequent visitor in the past, this will be my first NYE in the city. Any suggestions or recommendations?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: New Year's Plans?

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Pretty much every bar/club in town will have some sort of new years bash with drink specials...not much different from a regular night out on the town in PP.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Random info that I came across, but can't say it's good:

In Cambodia, Christmas is not broadly rejoiced but one event is celebrated with much fanfare and that is New Years Eve 2015 in Phnom Penh. Phnom Penh provides a wide array of extraordinary occasions, and grand New Year feasts that are organized in its renowned hotels. New Year is Phnom Penh’s most important festival and if you intend to celebrate the new-year at Phnom Penh, then you need to book your hotel well in advance, especially the accommodations close to the river side regions are the most sought after places in Phnom Penh.

PLENTY OF THINGS IN STORE TO ENJOY

Even though till April, the formal Khmer New Year does not commence, the expatriate as well as the Cambodians adore taking part in social gatherings and they find the New-year as an ideal occasion to take part. With the delectable dishes, colorful lights and fireworks, you are sure to have tremendous time at the New Years Eve in Phnom Penh. The well known hotels in Phnom Penh convey the New Year’s grace; with a realm of Wonder Gala dinner that is organized in the garden by the pool side exhibit the ballet performances. These events are rejoiced in the bar till the wee hours. You can choose your favorite dishes from a 6 course set menu with combination of champagnes

INTERNATIONAL BUFFET

The new celebrations in Phnom Penh comprises of global buffet with performances of renowned comedians, children’s amusement and display of fireworks over the river. You also have the facility of availing for the global buffet which provides beverages, prizes and softies. During new-year, a number of Night clubs stages the top DJ’s and offers some spectacular programs. New Year celebrations in Phnom Penh remain incomplete without the use of fireworks.

WELL KNOWN AREAS

A few of the renowned spots where you can celebrate the 2015 New Years Eve in Phnom Penh are the HE park, Wat Bottom park and on the Tonle Sap riverside. All these places are very ideal and friendly spots where you can witness the New Year celebrations. You can also bring your own refreshments to these places. You can also take part in other entertainment activities like taking a boat trip and admire the beautiful fireworks from the river. If you do not desire the New Year celebrations to conclude then take a trip to the street 51 and spend a memorable time at the night club drinking your favorite drink and taking part in the roulette tables or slot machines or any of your preferred games.

If you are not in the habit of smoking, then there a good number of non smoking areas, where you can spend quality time enjoying the New Year celebrations. You can be aware of the latest updates on New Year celebrations by reading the posts that is published in the Cambodia daily and Phnom Penh post. So pack your bags and head to take part in the New Year eve in Phnom Penh you are sure to enjoy it and cherish the sweet memories for a prolonged period.

ACCOMMODATIONS IN PHNOM PENH FOR 2015 NEW YEAR HOLIDAYS

Popular hotels in Phnom Penh are Raffles Hotel Le Royal, NagaWorld Hotel & Entertainment Complex, The Plantation Urban Resort and Spa, Himawari Hotel, White Mansion Boutique Hotel, etc. If you are planning to spend your next coming 2015 New Years Eve in Combodia, early hotel booking is highly recommended.

http://goo.gl/0vtpk3
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I personally hate new year and the parties which surround it, but luckily this year when the clock strikes 12, I'll be two hours into a 13 hour flight. So i don't need to give some lame excuse as to why I didn't go out. Hopefully they give us champagne. I know I'll be boozing up whether they like it or not.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

I also dislike new years party...

the last thing really, is to get totally drunk into the new year... :roll:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic