RE: Visa Situation Now

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: RE: Visa Situation Now

Post by Kammekor »

Lex Lupus wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:32 pm
Kammekor wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:23 pm
Lex Lupus wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:56 am Sorry for posting this here, but I don't see anything recent from looking over the board. I got out of the U.S. military in June of this year and have been staying on as a consultant hoping for a door opening in Indochina. I am currently in Saudi Arabia and would like to make a long-term move to Cambodia when it reopens its borders in next month. Attempting to apply for an electronic E visa from the Cambodian website will not allow you the option to apply for anything other than the eT visa if you are not from China (and, oddly enough, Taiwan). Are there any other options for getting an E-Business visa to Cambodia these days? Can you change an eT visa into a long-term stay visa in-country? Are there any other venues by which to apply from outside the country for long-term stay visas? Attempts to contact the Cambodian embassy in Egypt have resulted in them telling me to apply online since I am not in Egypt.

Thanks to anyone who can give some guidance and direction in regard to this matter.
You have to apply through a Cambodian embassy abroad and supply the required documents.
Or come on a T-visa, get one extension, hope the rules will be more relaxed in two months time and do a visa run then.
Currently visa runs are not really an option due to lack of flights and quarantine.
Thanks for the input and info; much appreciated. This certainly helps clarify the situation now.
Are chatter about the possibility of things easing up soon?
No crystal ball here, but I have the feeling we entered a new status quo which might last a few months.
Kigna
BANNED
St Lucia

Post by Kigna »

Please I ask for advice. I have a multientry EB business visa which expires in October 2022. I have paid forte insurance. I have certified full covid 2 shot sinovac. Am I valid to enter Cambodia? How many quarantine days should i do? 7 days ? And then I have to bring 1000 usd as a deposit?
Is the company invitation letter required?

It is very difficult to get information from the Khmer consulates in Europe. They don't answer the phone and rarely emails.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Kigna wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:13 pm Please I ask for advice. I have a multientry EB business visa which expires in October 2022. I have paid forte insurance. I have certified full covid 2 shot sinovac. Am I valid to enter Cambodia? How many quarantine days should i do? 7 days ? And then I have to bring 1000 usd as a deposit?
Is the company invitation letter required?

It is very difficult to get information from the Khmer consulates in Europe. They don't answer the phone and rarely emails.
See my post and table attached on page 3 of this post for the current requirements...
general-chatter/travel-instructions-t46953-20.html
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic